Technical Program Manager (Solution Provisioner - Hybrid/Onsite)
- Ashburn, VA
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
The Visa Technical Product, Program and Business Management team in the Operations and Infrastructure group is looking for an experienced Program/Project manager to lead and direct large complex end-to-end IT initiatives. The main focus area will be in support of Visa’s Mergers and Acquisitions.
In this role you’ll lead initiatives at the heart of Visa’s growth strategy.
Job qualifications will include 10 years experience in Program and Project management, end state design, server blueprinting and provisioning of open systems equipment in Visa’s proprietary system.
You’ll work across the solution stack and technology domains (compute, storage, database, network, middleware, and application team) interacting with the some of the best and brightest engineers, architects, and product leads pushing the boundaries of what’s achievable in delivering new and innovative payment solutions to the masses.
- End-to-end Program Management of multiple initiatives across Visa’s Technology and Product groups, including the provisioning of the infrastructure for the open systems environment.
- Mainframe experience is a plus.
- Must have deep experience with budgeting using Excel to do analysis and planning.
- Work closely with Product Managers, Engineers and Architects to plan, design, develop and deliver hardware and software systems, platforms and solutions. Microsoft Power Point experience required.
- Bring a customer focused demeanor with the ability to multi-task and lead conflicting priorities, see the big picture while paying attention to the details and navigate sophisticated processes with ease in order to deliver program goals and objectives on time and within budget
- Responsible for handling and supervising program scope, schedule and budget while proactively mitigating risks that could impact turning points and work you're doing.
- Comfortable leading discussions and presenting regularly with senior leadership on program initiatives including around the development of roadmaps that align strategic objectives with tactical technology and solution delivery plans.
- Position is primarily focused on supporting Mergers and Acquisitions but could include other programs in the infrastructure build space within Operations and Infrastructure.
Because you’ll be directing initiatives across Visa’s product lanes you’ll also need:
- Infrastructure provisioning experience, will be responsible for building Windows and Linux Virtual machines in Visa’s Cloud platform
- Problem-solving skills with a deep technical proficiency and critical thinking
- End to end Portfolio management of a Program from inception to closure.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills since a huge part of the role is presenting and collaborating across Visa.
- Plan, implement and close programs according to Visa’s Program Planning Methodology
- Initiate and lead program artifacts including charter and funding package materials, including forecasting and variance tracking.
- Provide leadership and oversight of program performance and ensure compliance with management and information security policies
- Maintain excellent relationships across all touchpoints
- 8 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 5 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 2 years of work experience with a PhD
- Experience with Agile frameworks including SCRUM, XP, Lean & Kanban
- Experience with MS Office Suite, Project, Clarity, Rally, Jira, SharePoint
- ITIL v3 Certification a plus
- PMP or similar Program or Project Management certificate
- Delivering large tech refresh initiatives including Software (OS, DB, etc.) and Hardware platform upgrades across multiple environments, networks and data centers
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.