Sr Learning Experience Designer Tech
- Austin, TX
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
PREFERRED LOCATION(S): Austin, Ashburn, Atlanta or Denver
Imagine yourself as part of the award-winning Visa University team. A team that is shaping the learning culture at Visa. We are an organization that learns, and you play a key role in unleashing the potential of our employees, clients and partners worldwide. This affords you with a unique opportunity to be creative and impactful in shaping the future of learning at Visa and making Visa the employer of choice for top technical talent
Passionate about designing and developing, at the speed of business, compelling and innovative learning experiences that support major technology transitions and grow critical technology capabilities within Visa.
Keep the learner experience front-and-center in everything you do, applying human-centered design and design thinking in an Agile environment
Have a growth mindset and stays up-to-date not only on what’s current in learning and development, but also the industry and business environment in which you operate
Embrace a global mindset, designing applicable experiences for any and all regions and cultures worldwide
Proactive, resourceful, action-oriented and adept at dealing with ambiguity
Skilled at building relationships and working across functions, levels and geographies
Skilled at building technical training for engineering roles, and working with technical SMEs and vendors in creating hands-on technical labs & learning experiences.
Visa University is a start-up within a large, global organization
Visa University Productions uses Human-Centered Design and Agile approaches to design and develop innovative and engaging learning experiences
We are a team of experts in our respective disciplines, but more importantly, we strive to harness our collective expertise in the most effective way for the benefit of our learners
We combine rigor, data, evidence-based design principles and subject matter expertise with creativity, intuition and common sense of what will be most effective for the learner and the business.
We like to innovate, prototype, test, launch and evaluate.
We are comfortable learning from our mistakes.
1. Identify learning needs: You will use human-centered design approach to discover, synthesize and clearly articulate learning objectives to reach target outcomes, with a deep understanding of your target audience.
2. Translate needs into learning experiences: You will analyze and recommend creative solutions for performance improvement, addressing identified knowledge and skill gaps.
You will use your design and development expertise to build innovative and impactful learning solutions. You will need to be adept at both designing and producing learning experiences yourself as well as providing direction for design and production work done by select external providers as needed.
3. Develop and grow key relationships: You will form and engage in productive partnerships with critical internal stakeholders and subject matter experts. You will be versatile in the work you do in the context of these relationships: from ensuring buy-in with an internal stakeholder, to collaborating with subject matter experts and potential learners in designing learning experiences. You will work in an Agile, cross-functional team and collaborate with peers on larger projects and solutions.
- 5 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA)
- 6 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 4 or more years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA)
- Ideally, a Bachelor’s degree in instructional design or related field.
- BSCS or equivalent experience developing and delivering hands-on technical training for software developers, cybersecurity, data & data science and other deep technical learners.
- 5+ years professional experience in engineering/technical learning solutions design and development, preferably in a corporate environment.
- Proven ability to work with senior technical experts to design, develop and deliver effective advanced technical learning solutions
- Understanding of infrastructure requirements to deliver hands-on learning (coding, ops/admin, security, etc) to Visa staff with both internal and vendor resources
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Practices human-centered design, design thinking and Agile
- Experienced with a variety of modern learning modalities/channels, e.g., VILT, MOOCs, simulations, experiential learning, micro learning, videos, social learning, coaching, etc.
- Ability to translate content into a visual, multimedia experience, leveraging graphics, motion graphics, audio and visual design skills
- Experience or exposure to designing and developing emerging learning experiences including VR/AR, chatbots, adaptive learning, game-based learning and immersive scenario-based learning a plus
- Experienced using a variety of authoring tools (Storyline, Rise, Articulate, Camtasia, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of products required
- Comfortable with being a consultant and engaging in dialog with stakeholders
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Payments background preferred
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.