Master's Intern, Design Research
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Design Research sits within Visa's Product organization. Payments are changing with new players, experiences and expectations. Over half of Visa’s volume is now digital, and many market trends are affecting how Visa and our clients do business. For that reason, the Product team is focused on a holistic product strategy that allows Visa to ship products faster that are more relevant to the local markets in which Visa does business. The organization is at the forefront of thinking and working differently at Visa, particularly as we transform how we design, build and ship products globally for the future.
Our Design Research team focuses on generative and iterative user research for projects with external partners, Product, Innovation, and Visa Consulting Analytics. We provide consulting, strategy, guidance, and execution of a full spectrum of user research services including information architecture, survey design, user interviews, design thinking workshops and usability testing. We find a rewarding sense of purpose in the inherent opportunity to make things better and easier for the real people who use the products Visa creates.
As a Design Research intern, some potential responsibilities and projects during the internship may include:
- You'll be immersed in various types of research (generative, iterative, and summative) throughout the course of your internship
- Learn to perform heuristic reviews, assist with survey creation, help create and lead design thinking workshops, and facilitate user interviews, usability testing, and RITE testing
- Become familiar with a number of remote research tools, and learn to synthesize data to create top quality deliverables summarizing research findings and providing recommendations for improvement
- Present and speak on research findings to stakeholders
- Pursuing a Master's degree in Social Science (Sociology, Psychology, Anthropology, etc.), Human Centered Design, English, Communications, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, CIS/MIS, Business or a related field, graduating December 2022 or later
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 (or equivalent scale)
- Strong communications skills, specifically, the absence of repeated grammatical or typographical errors, clear and concise written and spoken communications, and communications that demonstrate professional judgment.
- Classwork or experience with social science research, survey design, statistics, quantitative, or qualitative research methods appreciated but not required
- Understanding of UX and the design techniques and principals involved in the production of conceptual prototypes, wireframes, and HTML prototypes appreciated but not required
- Ability to ask for help when needed and address problems in a timely and thoughtful manner
- Strong independent problem-solving skills, self-direction, and innovative thinking The ability to take on challenges and address problems head-on
- Strong ability to collaborate
- Highly driven, resourceful and results oriented
- Good team player and excellent interpersonal skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and navigate through ambiguity
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.