Global Onboarding Specialist
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Onboarding Specialist will be the primary point of contact for and provide critical support to candidates, hiring managers, and internal HR and business stakeholders to provide a world-class onboarding experience for newly hired (future) employees. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring timely execution and completion of a seamless workflow for each new employee.
- Responsible for welcoming newly hired employees and executing engagement plan throughout the onboarding journey
- Responsible for data audit and setup of employee profiles in internal HR systems
- Be the primary point of contact for hiring managers and newly hired (future) employees
- Provide reporting and project updates to team lead or senior management
- Prioritize and manage workload to meet critical deadlines
- Act as a subject matter expert and make recommendations on how to improve process efficiency
- Ensure compliance with all processes and maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times
- Challenge status quo and proactively identify process improvements in back office activities related to setting up new employees in Visa’s internal systems
- Identify innovative and creative new ways to onboard new employees
· Minimum of 6 months of work experience or a Bachelor's Degree
· Experience within Human Resources, Recruiting and/or Employee Onboarding
· Experience with HR Systems, applicant tracking systems (e.g. SmartRecruiters), HR capital management systems (e.g. Workday) and Visio strongly preferred
· Ability to work successfully and professionally with all levels of employees and management
· Ability to support multiple time zones as needed (being a part of a global team)
· Ability to understand basic technical concepts and explain them in simple terms
· Ability to troubleshoot, identify improvements and make simple decisions independently
· Strong attention to detail with ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks at once
· Strong team player who can work with limited guidance
· Fun loving, energetic person with strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
· Experience with Microsoft suite is a must
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.