Senior Test Engineer
- Sydney, Australia
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Visa Consulting & Analytics (VCA) is Visa's consulting division, serving Visa's clients (including card issuers, acquirers, and merchants) and solving their strategic problems focused on improving performance and profitability. Drawing on our expertise in strategy consulting, payments, data analytics, marketing, operational and macroeconomics, VCA drives high impact and tangible financial results for our clients. In Australia, New Zealand, and the South Pacific, VCA has a team of experienced marketers, consultants and data scientists that will support our expansion into Managed Services, where we help our clients execute on programs of work to increase customer engagement.
What a VCA Senior Dev Test Engineer does at Visa:
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Senior Dev Test Engineer to join our mobile development team. Embedded with our client, you will be integral to the design, develop and implement automatic test equipment and test programs for design verification and production testing. In this role you will also:
- Write and maintain automated test cases and ensuring continuous improvement of the test automation practice
- Ensure the delivery of timely, quality solutions by leading the testing effort across projects, as required, through effective planning, scheduling, oversight and execution
- Contribute to the ongoing quality of both delivery and testing capability
- Take a lead role in the growth of the test automation practice and promoting a quality culture
- Actively contribute to initiatives which support the growth and efficiency of the testing discipline
- Contribute to building a talented, responsive test team
Why this is important to Visa
This role will be embedded in one of our key issuing clients in Australia. The role will help to develop and execute our Managed Services capabilities within our client, which will become a template for our expansion in Australia and across Asia Pacific. In addition, the successful candidate will participate in identifying and solving client challenges to support their portfolio growth. In turn this will support Visa’s ambition of diversifying our revenue.
Projects you will be a part of:
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
• Tertiary qualification in computer science or a related discipline
• Minimum 10 years testing experience using the Software Development Lifecycle and across Full Testing Lifecycle
• 5+ years demonstrated development experience in Java/C#, test automation and writing SQL queries
• 2+ years demonstrated experience in Appium, API level automation and in using TFS, Jenkins or any other CI tools
• Advanced Java/C# skills
• Advanced knowledge on any UI Testing Automation Framework using Selenium WebDriver, Appium, etc
• Hands-on experience in API Testing including API automation with Java
• Hands-on experience in Junit, Maven and/or other unit and automated testing tools
• Experienced in Agile methodologies
• In-depth understanding and experience of functional, regression and acceptance testing
• Advanced level of SQL Server Knowledge
• Strong troubleshooting and application debugging skills
• Knowledge of one or more scripting languages - PowerShell, Python, Ruby, Perl, Shell scripting - is a plus
• Basic understanding of design patterns and practices
• Strong self-starter with the ability to work under pressure and deal with ambiguity and progressively articulate solutions
• Strong communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to remain impartial and be open minded
What will also help:
• Cards, payments of financial services experience
• ISTQB Foundation, or equivalent, certified
• Microsoft certification
• Ability to quickly learn and pick up new languages, frameworks, API’s and technologies
• Experience with performance / load testing
• Experience within a mission critical environment is beneficial