Global Solutions Director, Visa Direct
- San Francisco, CA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Direct is a payment service that allows clients (sending and receiving financial institutions, processors, merchants, and service providers) to facilitate money movement between Cards, Bank Accounts and Wallets around the world using faster payments technology. Visa Direct consumer and business applications include person-to-person (P2P) transfers, Business to Consumer (e.g., gig economy payouts), funds disbursement (e.g., insurance claim disbursements), and more. The push payments market is estimated to be more than $65 Trillion of payment volume globally.
We are seeking a product leader that is ready to apply their deep payments expertise to develop strategies and solutions that accelerate growth for Visa Direct money movement use cases. You will manage a portfolio of high-profile initiatives for moving money between digital banks, P2P apps and wallets, online brokerage companies, crypto platforms, financial institutions, and 3rd party payment technology providers. You will drive these high growth initiatives by collaborating across Visa Global Product, Segments & Market Development, Ecosystem, and Regional teams, as well as external technology companies and financial institutions. This role will be expected to develop both short- and long-term solutioning strategies, while influencing senior leadership across the company to implement and execute.
Lead, execute, deploy, and manage the Visa Direct Global Solutions Strategy Develop solutioning modeling, documents, blueprints and other artifacts best practices for Clients and Regions that will help them drive growth and expansion of their business Conduct initial solution and capability inventory mapping and continuous maintenance of new releases to develop solution modeling and architecture for Clients that leverage multi features, functionalities, products, and solutions from Visa to resolver specific pain points and problem statements Conduct consulting solutioning workshops, webinars, trainings and produce relevant materials that will help Clients and Regions better adopt our solutions. Create, implement, and maintain an Existing and New Vertical solution development framework to support solution adoption by Clients and Region Work very closely with Visa Sales, Operational, Risk, Compliance, Ecosystem, Legal and other key stakeholders across the organization to support delivery of the Solutions strategy. Develop and deploy Solutioning collaboration workshops with Regions to showcase use case development and discuss challenges and opportunities Structure monthly reporting mechanism and tracker and present, share and publish to all engaged stakeholders for visibility and participation in the strategy Lead and manage team members and ensure they are delivering on their targets effectively and in partnership with Visa’s internal teams. Interact with (influencing, partnership, negotiating, persuasion) internal regional and global senior executives to convey the Visa Direct Global Solutions strategy, understanding their needs, identifying solutions that achieve outcomes that simultaneously drive Visa’s strategy forward. Act as the Client’s and Region’s advocate inside Visa Direct Solutions team, supporting them in their solutioning and enablement goals, by interacting with multiple teams and removing barriers that may present along the way. Resolve escalations and conflicts with internal stakeholders, act decisively on urgent and important matters and always show up in a collaborative manner to achieve the Region’s and Global Solutions team’s best interest. Have deep functional knowledge and expertise in the Visa’s technology stack, digital assets/capabilities, new payment technologies and networks, and partner business models to package solutions for clients. Lead global cross-functional strategic initiatives – including alignment of resources, establishing governance, driving collaboration and teamwork, and influencing senior executives across a global organization and build/maintain strong, productive working relationships with stakeholders and partners. Lead and work closely to Platform team ensuring constant feeding of Region’s needs to reflect them into the product roadmap, and that new solutions, features and functionalities are being developed and delivered to address such needs.
• 10+ years of work experience with a bachelor’s degree; 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g., Masters/MBA/JD/MD); or a minimum of 5+ years of work experience with a PhD
• 12 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
• Relevant industry experience in the sector, with related business development or strategy consulting roles or equivalent. Corporate strategy, financial services or payments industry experience preferred.
• Proven experience in implementing new digital payments solutions, leading financial analysis and pricing changes, ownership of business scorecard targets and goals in multiple markets, and experience in working with cross regional stakeholders.
• Deep knowledge in global money movement payment flows across payment types (card, account, wallet)
• Deep expertise in the Visa Direct and Global payment network Technology Stack, Visa’s Digital Assets/Capabilities, and our Acquiring and Financial institution partner ecosystem
• Highly skilled in the knowledge of various payment technologies and trends in new payment globally
• Strong team player, self-motivated and able to work independently, innovative thinker
• This person should be able to lead the team and be a pro-active “hands on the job” leader, working closely to resolve issues, remove barriers, find solutions for problems, create new strategies for Clients and internal stakeholders, and be creative to innovate on the job.
• Outstanding executive communication skills to develop internal executive updates and eternal client facing presentations
• Ability to influence, navigate in a highly matrixed global organization and drive results, ensuring that milestones are adhered to and risks to the project are called out early
• Demonstrated thought leadership and the aptitude to think creatively and identify new ways to innovate and differentiate products with evidence of tangible business results
• Process oriented, with a high attention to detail and quality on both internal teamwork and external products brought to market
• Hands-on, entrepreneurial, and nimble, while also able to navigate a globally matrixed environment
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.