Staff Data Engineer
- Bangalore, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
- Design and implement Low Latency Analytical platform services leveraging open source and cloud technology.
- Build self-service capabilities in the platform to help users provision and analyse data in a self-served manner.
- Build various analytical platform services like Data Mart Builder as a Service, Graph and Spatial DB as a Service and others which provide low latency analytical capabilities over large data sets to users in Visa.
- Actively participate in all phases of software development lifecycle: analysis, technical design, planning, development, testing/CICD, release, post production/escalation support
- Apply the appropriate software engineering patterns to build highly scalable, available and resilient multi-tenant Platforms that can host large scale and highly critical applications.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior team members. Review and evaluate code developed by junior members to ensure we develop only highest-quality code
- Take ownership of Platform and drive it to the next level of effectiveness to support current and long term requirements
- Builds strong commitment within the team to support the appropriate team priorities
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or related technical discipline. With 8+ years of software development experience in building large scale data processing platforms.
• Proficiency in engineering practices and writing high quality code, with expertise in either one of Java, Python or Go
• Experience building analytic platforms which process large amount of data in Big Data space.
• Experience in low latency analytical technologies like Presto/Druid/Pinot etc.
• Experience in Containers and Kubernetes
• Experience in Cloud Analytical Platforms like Azure Synapse, GCP Big Query, Snowflake or AWS Redshift will be an added plus
• Expert Knowledge of SQL will be an added plus
• Expertise in Graph or Spatial technologies will be an added plus
• Experience in Agile methodology and CICD - tool Integration, automation, configuration management in GIT
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills, analytical and problem solving skills