Director, Global Card Acceptance Lead – Visa Crypto
- Palo Alto, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This position can be based in Foster City, CA, Arlington, VA or Highlands Ranch, CO.
Are you passionate about payments and cryptocurrency and driven by opportunities to scale new products and businesses? As Director, Card Acceptance Lead - Visa Crypto you will be part of the Global Crypto Solutions team responsible for creating and growing new revenue streams for Visa through emerging crypto products, innovative partnerships, and tailored programs.
- Lead strategy and execution globally to grow card acceptance at crypto-native clients like Crypto exchanges, wallets, and NFT marketplaces thereby growing domestic and cross-border payment volumes and revenue for Visa
- Lead multiple workstreams and collaborate with partners across sales, product, marketing, deals, client services, risk, government engagement, and global compliance organizations
- Work with regional sales and deals teams to expand acceptance of Visa cards by Crypto-native players for easier on-ramps and off-ramps and help execute on new partnerships
- Launch co-marketing programs to grow Visa volumes, especially in cross-border corridors
- Collaborate with Merchants, Acquirers, and Issuers to optimize existing programs, improve performance, recommend strategies, and Visa products and solutions
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who is fluent in Crypto, is highly analytical, and an excellent problem solver.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/ MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 8 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 6 years of experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD)
- Strategic and analytical thinker, able to move seamlessly from high level concepts to details and solutions with limited guidance.
- Superior problem-solving skills to understand business requirements and synthesize and communicate complex information effectively to broad audiences.
- Extreme high attention to detail and demonstrated experience executing deliverables on schedule
- High level of proficiency manipulating data from a variety of sources and ability to translate data into valuable insights
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Good team player and excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience in the payments industry and understanding of crypto players
- Experience in sales, product, consulting, risk, or business operations
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong business acumen and ability to zoom out to look at the bigger picture
- Expertise in explaining complex concepts and technologies to a broad audience of external and internal partners
- Advanced communication skills with the ability to influence across all levels of an organization
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.