Sr Quality Assurance Engineer
- Austin, TX, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Sr Quality Assurance Engineer will play a pivotal role in our Visa Product Development team. In this mission critical role, it’s an opportunity to design and implement test solutions and taking it to the production with high quality completing all testing phases, following an agile methodology. The responsibilities also include active scrum team participation, creation and validation of tests using SSDLC in an Agile environment.
We believe in self-managing Agile teams who build products end to end focusing on unit testing, code reviews and continuous integration for excellent code quality. You will see the code written and moved to production within days, to then be used by a huge customer.
If this sounds exciting, we want to chat and tell you more about our work culture and environment and see if this will be a good fit.
- Writing and executing detailed test strategy, test plans and test design documents.
- Using data driven tests to validate API calls in large J2EE n-tier architectures.
- Experience developing test automation framework
- Proactively identify and own issues through resolution working with business or development groups
- Perform system diagnostics and research to analyze and resolve problems in both the test and production
- We count on your curiosity and creativity, to want to understand customer requirements and our processes and want to come up with creative solutions and improvements
- While you’ll have the skill to see and understand the big picture, you’re able to stay focused on the task at hand to achieve immediate goals
- 3 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 1 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 5-7 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- 1-2 Years of experience working with UI/UX automation with Selenium, multi-browser testing is a must.
- Experience with SQL/ NOSQL experience as a plus.
- Experience writing and executing detailed test cases, test plans and test design documents.
- Must have experience in debugging and troubleshooting problems in Linux/Unix based application servers in addition to Kubernetes & Docker environments.
- Must have experience in a technical capacity and quality methodology/release process/testing techniques in order to provide guidance and leadership to junior team members is required.
- Must have experience testing in an AGILE environment and should have exposure to testing environment migration, DB and infrastructure/system upgrades.
- Continuous Integration, Code/Test coverage working in different methodologies is a plus.
- Must have proactive and strong communications to work well across teams.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.