Director of Product Management
- Foster City, CA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
The Global Visa.com team is looking for a motivated and experienced Product Manager to help us make Visa.com a truly exceptional user experience.
The product manager will be a part of the global Visa.com team responsible for the global platform on which we publish over 140 local country sites in 42 languages, reaching over 50 million users each year. The Product Manager will partner with regional and local stakeholders to identify and prioritize key enhancements and will work closely with our IT team to build and launch those enhancements. Visa.com is an amazing asset, yet there are significant opportunities to improve the user experience by bringing new, innovative capabilities to the platform. Visa has built a powerhouse brand by being at the forefront of payments technology for over 60 years. The Visa.com team is committed to delivering a site that is worthy of that brand.
Drive the overall success, product vision, roadmap, prioritization and communication with stakeholders for the Visa.com enhancement track.
Act as the global point of contact for Visa.com platform enhancement requests and make sure that all requests are handled and redirected to the appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
Lead intake process, develop a thorough understanding of business objectives, determine business value and relevance to visa.com KPI. Manage stakeholder expectations and communication .
Ensure that regional and local stakeholders understand the global priorities and how their priorities fit in (or don’t).
Say “no” to some requests without damaging relationships.
Develop and maintain requirements gathering documentation to guide intake process.
Document all enhancement requirements properly and prioritize accordingly based on various criteria (i.e.: urgency, importance, scale, IT effort, etc.).
Make sure that all requirements are properly documented and handed over to IT Product Owner.
When applicable, work with the regional digital leads to confirm eligibility and specific regional requirements.
Ensure strong lines of communication between Stakeholders, Product, and IT.
Manage engagement with the UX/UI team and ensure that appropriate milestones (and timing) are built into the product development process.
Provide support in development phase and facilitate communication with stakeholders during UAT and demo processes.
Work with IT partners to create regular reporting of new capabilities releases and communicate with relevant stakeholders.
Ensure all project documents including roadmap, sprint planning, release notes are organized and stored properly in Teams for easy access.
- 10 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/ MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience in product management.
- Experience in managing projects using agile methodology and demonstrated ability to successfully manage initiatives in a matrix environment with multiple stakeholders from technology, vendors and various business functions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication. Proficient in reporting and presenting from high level to details and the ability to assess, synthesize large amounts of content/data related to the program status, issues, risks and dependencies and distill it in crisp clear language that’s appropriate for a variety of audience including executives.
- Good analytical, strategic-thinking, problem solving and organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and requests.
- Demonstrate good collaboration and teamwork skills to build relationship, gain trust, influence changes at all levels and manage difficult conversations.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and SharePoint) as well as collaboration tools such as Microsoft Teams, JIRA and Wiki.
- Candidate must be able to work with resources located in different time zones and accommodate conference calls outside of normal working hours.
- High level of energy and flexibility to get things done.
- Willing to challenge the status quo and proactively seek for better ways of operating.
- Self-starter, willing to go beyond and moving forward even with uncertainty.
- Good judgement - know when to escalate and seek help and when to handle things on his/her own.
- People-oriented person, team player, fun and easy to work with, respect others.
- Occasional travel required.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.