Director, Instalment Product Manager, Asia Pacific
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Consumer Solutions group manages the deployment and optimization of Visa’s core products base consisting of Credit, Debit and Prepaid payments solutions together with associated Loyalty and Benefits platforms. To do this, we work in close partnership with Visa clients and key Visa stakeholders. We are also the team responsible for leading the transition of these conventional card-based solutions onto digital form factors ensuring that Visa payments solutions are the market-leading way for consumers to spend their money and manage their payments across the Asia-Pacific region.
What the Instalment Product Director does at Visa:
Installments, whether in the form of a Buy-Now-Pay-Later experience or a more traditional monthly repayments plan will be a core part of the future of credit in Asia-Pacific and beyond. The Instalment Product Director will be part of managing those new elements of Visa’s approach to credit and will be responsible for driving the go-to-market (GTM) activities to deploy Visa’s Instalment proposition across Asia Pacific
Reporting to the Asia-Pacific Solution Commercialisation Lead, the role-holder will execute Visa’s Instalment strategy and GTM activities, in collaboration with Visa global, regional and market teams, addressing both ‘traditional’ instalments payments as well as ‘Buy-Now-Pay-Later’ (BNPL) fintech opportunities.
In this capacity, the colleague will develop a compelling commercial proposition for market execution, from market-sizing, business case development, pricing and client-commercials for Issuing, Acquiring and Merchant Clients
Moreover, the Installment Director, will be driving the technical development required to deliver the solution in-market and as such, will need to lead the group across technical and commercial workstreams.
In this role, you will also closely work with Design & Architecture, Digital Partnerships and CS teams to identify capability gaps and new product opportunities, driving the in-house product building process from a business and tech standpoint. You’ll also be the Product SME, who’ll collaborate with Marketing, Comms, Legal etc.
It is expected for the role-holder to become the Instalment /BNPL thought-leader and subject matter expert for Visa in Asia Pacific. You will be becoming the crucial point of contact for internal stakeholders to support Visa market teams in having commercial and, in particular, technical discussion of Visa Instalment products and solutions
You will need to be highly collaborative and strong project management skills are required, as you will be the key interface between the market teams, global team and Visa AP Hub to ensure a successful GTM execution.
We are looking for a self-starter who had direct instalment/ BNPL expertise with past working experiences with Issuers & Acquirers and adept at collaborating with cross-functional teams to deliver best solutions for our Visa clients.
Why this is important to Visa
Consumer Solutions are the key basis for Visa’s business in Asia-Pacific and encompass conventional card-based credit, debit and prepaid programs as well as newer fintech-linked solutions. Consumer Solutions span all life-stage and income segments across Visa’s Asia-Pacific markets from entry-level Prepaid and Debit products through to High Net Worth credit propositions and solutions, and as such the team is a key platform for revenue generation and consumer engagement for Visa and our clients. Instalments and BNPL solutions are an essential component of the next phase of credit growth in the region, and this role will be instrumental in executing our strategy to address the opportunity.
What you will need
· 8-10 years of experience and at least 3-5 years of experience in the Payments or Consulting industry with direct exposure to Instalment and Buy-Now-Pay-Later (BNPL) solutions
· Direct experience in BNPL service providers, fintechs or consulting (with project experience on instalment solutions) will be an advantage
· Understanding of the Instalments / Buy-Now-Pay-Later dynamics in Asia-Pacific and beyond
· Ability to engage on technical issues and concepts as, in this role, it would be required a technical understanding to independently carry on the product implementation in markets
· Proven experience in program and project management in a matrixed, multi-country, and multi-cultural environment. The ability to build and motivate a project team made up of participants from different functions is essential
· Good balance between strategic thinking and detailed, flawless execution with attention to detail
· Able to work independently, yet seamlessly integrate and manage diverse groups and functions organized within different organizational reporting lines
What will also help:
Master’s Degree in business, engineering or a related field
Projects you will be a part of:
· Commercialization of the Visa instalments proposition across Asia-Pacific, taking learnings from past projects executions, enriching a robust commercial framework.
· Development and commercialization of new Visa’s solutions across AP markets, including new proposition development (based on upcoming needs)
· Responsible for the Instalment proposition deployment in AP and the development of issuing & acquiring Clients’ sales pipeline, working in close collaboration with our Relationship Management and other client-facing teams.
· Execution of projects to bring Visa interchange fully up-to-date and fit for purpose, working closely with the Pricing & IRF team, in-market Product and Sales teams.
· Provision of project and program management subject matter expertise (SME) to in-market, hub and global teams where necessary
· Business planning, management reporting, analytics, budget management and adherence to compliance standards across all activities
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.