Associate System Analyst
- Singapore, Singapore
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Associate Analyst is responsible to fully support the batch processing for Visa’s Debit, Data Platforms and Core Systems applications in a multi-data center environment. The daily duties include monitoring batch processing flows, resolving errors following incident and problem management processes, and supporting daily change activities. The Associate Analyst must be a team player, possess excellent communication skills, ability to multitask, and prioritize issues that need immediate attention.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Associate Analyst is responsible for the management and recovery of the Visa’s Core batch applications and services which include:
- Monitoring batch processes and file transfers.
- Taking corrective actions to recover failed jobs and file transfers to ensure batch processing is executed on time to meet SLAs.
- Communicating with Clients via e-mail and phone to address issues or provide status on file deliveries.
- Escalating appropriately based on documented processes.
- Documenting all issues following standard ITIL Incident and Problem management processes.
- Preforming Change reviews, executing change tasks, and coordinating change activity as needed.
- Following all defined processes, procedures, and standards.
- Defining and updating all team documentation including the daily shift handover.
- Assisting support teams in updating job documentation and job schedules as needed to support efficient batch processing.
- Preforming proactive analysis of the Visa’s complex batch schedules to detect potential problems. When necessary take preventive actions.
- Preforming UAT (user acceptance testing) for new or upgraded operational monitoring tools and batch related user interfaces.
- Working knowledge of Unix, Linux, & MVS z/OS operating systems.
- Working knowledge of one or more enterprise batch scheduling solutions (Example: ESP, Control-M)
- Ability to understand the Visa applications, associated batch flows and the services they provide in relation to the service levels and impacts to Visa’s customers.
- Working closely with the Application Support, Development, and engineering groups to implement corrective measures and offer solutions where applicable.
- The ability to multitask, analyze and diagnose issues when working with various support groups.
- A strong understanding in Incident, Problem and change management per the ITIL process.
- Reporting and documentation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Key Performance Indicator
- Technical staff member with general software configuration and troubleshooting skills. Includes (but is not limited to) z/OS, Linux, Unix, and Windows Systems
- Proficient in utilizing an enterprise scheduling solution (Example: CA – ESP, Control-M) to monitor and manage batch processing
- Demonstrated strong ability in resolving routine problems with job failures, issues with Job schedules, and common script failures within technical areas of responsibility, following documented handling procedures
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to handle pressure and difficult situation in a professional manner
- Perform Incident, Change and Problem Management in accordance with documented guidelines
- Be able to respond / action escalation utilizing our knowledge base within Incident tickets, websites, and documented process / procedures.
- Ability to provide quality customer service.
- Ensure all issues are tracked and resolved to maintain and make improvements to ensure no SLA’s are missed or extended outages occur
- MS Office proficiency
• Minimum of 6 months of work experience or a Bachelor's Degree
• Working Knowledge of MVS, Windows, Linux, and Unix platforms in a multi data-center environment
• Working knowledge of streaming processes, such as Kafka
• Working knowledge of Containerization, utilizing Kubernetes or Docker
• Operational knowledge on CA-ESP, Control-M, CA-DSeries, Netcool Alerting Tool, Service Now Ticketing Tool
• Experience in working with various technical teams which include application support, development and engineering teams.
• Strong understanding in Incident, Problem and Change management per the ITIL process.
• Functional knowledge for database for DB2, SQL, and Hadoop storage formats (Apache Spark/Apache Hive)
• Operational experience with file transfer protocols such as FTP, SFTP, Connect:Direct
• Function effectively in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities
• Ability to work independently and to also work effectively as part of a collective team
• Strong analytical and diagnostic skills, e.g., root cause analysis
• Experience working directly with customer support to solve technical problems
• Must have a strong commitment to execution, follow through and timely communication
• Excellent writing and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical clients
• Good organization skills. High level of attention to detail
• Client and customer service skills
• Team Player and a good listener
• Strong reporting and documentation skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work a day or night shift, including holidays and weekends
• 12 hour rotating shifts
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.