Systems Analyst - Java Apps Support
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
- The Production Support group prides itself in keeping the applications and systems of Visa up and running to cater to the 24*7 needs of the business. As part of the team, you will be responsible for supporting critical applications and ensure the stability of the applications by performing proactive maintenance activities, performing the code deployment in Production and Client testing environment, engage in automation activities, do root cause analysis and remediation. The role requires working knowledge of production support processes such as incident/change/problem management, call triaging, escalation procedures, Code Debugging and such. The role will also demand the ability to write and maintain scripts to monitor system activity including application smoke test activities during pre and post production implementations.
- 24x7 on-call support as per roaster
- Support Experience with setting up Alerts and automated deployment thru Jenkins.
- Monitor Processing
- Ensure timely execution/delivery/availability
- Detect and Resolve Problems
- Root Cause Analysis
- Permanently fix the problem
- Set audits and alerts to detect problem
- Facilitate maintenance activities
- Plan and execute changes as per instructions, and strictly adhere to the processes and guidelines relating to change, incident, and problem management
- Run problem bridges by collaborating with others from different functional and technical areas and escalating as needed to resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Updates to knowledge repository
- Knowledge Transition from/to others
- Research/Analysis Work to answer questions
- Identify improvement opportunities
- Analyze code, understand business rules, and trace data, while following the process flow to investigate data-related issues
- Responsible for Data Fixes, Code Hot fixes
- Build Automation
- Performance Tuning
A Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science or a relevant degree in engineering or science is required
- 4+ years of Hand on Experienced in Core Java, J2EE, Spring, REST, AngularJS
- Hands on experience on DB2, MySQL, or equivalent database. Ability to understand and write complex Database queries.
- Should have BASH or equivalent scripting knowledge.
- Knowledge on Go language is plus.
- Experience with big data technologies is plus
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with strong automation/monitoring mindset
- Ability to analyze thread dumps, garbage collection and other related JVM components.
- Ability to solve complex production problems and debug code.
- Good understanding of infrastructure components like Linux Operating/ Systems, Virtual Machines, MQ, Storage etc.
- Understanding of networking concepts and protocols such as Firewalls, Load Balancer, DNS, HTTP, TCP/IP, SSL, TLS, Certificates
- Experience on performance monitoring tools like Opnet, log analysis/alerting tools such as Splunk or equivalent will be advantageous.
- Job holder must have flexibility to work in shifts and during weekends and extended hours when needed