Senior Manager, Corporate Communications, Kazakhstan
- Almaty, Kazakhstan
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This is a key role within the Corporate Relations organization, advancing Visa’s business interests in 6 countries of CISSEE region (Central Asia, including Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan, and Azerbaijan) via the deployment of effective external communications. This role will help develop a successful external communications plan to increase awareness and support business objectives, while protecting and strengthening Visa’s reputation.
The Senior Communications Manager will report into Head of Corporate Communications in CISSEE and liaise with the local team to create and execute a communications strategy designed to help amplify Visa’s strategic goals.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience implementing external communications strategy, be skilled in written and verbal communications, and have experience in media relations, communications to support executives, event planning, digital communications, etc.
Principle Responsibilities / Key Results Area
- Strategy: develops, executes and measures annual External Communications plan for Central Asia markets and Azerbaijan as part of the overall communications plan that strengthen Visa’s reputation and supports business objectives in this region.
- Storytelling: directs and manages PR agencies to ensure that corporate messages and news stories are managed and distributed in a way that enhances external perceptions of Visa and meets business objectives – providing briefings, toolkits and advice. Works with Subject Matter Experts, business units to agree the messaging that supports business objectives and overall corporate narrative and ensures adoption across local markets' communications activities.
- Media relations and community engagement: develops and keeps relationships with associations, regional media, KOLs and influencers, local teams, and key stakeholders as well as knowledge of media and event landscape to support the communications strategy. Fosters relationships with key media representatives, pitching stories in an appropriate and effective way with a particular focus on Tier 1 outlets in Central Asia markets and Azerbaijan. Plans speaking opportunities and events, social media and owned channel activities.
- Campaigns development: works with business units to plan, lead and execute strategic cross-channel communications campaigns
- Agencies network management: identifies strengths and gaps in skills and capabilities across the agencies and develops and implements plan to ensure continuous improvement.
- Managing and coordinating crisis response: works with the Country Manager and Head of CISSEE Corporate Communications including writing and distributing news releases and statements, coordinating earned and social media strategy and responding to requests for information from the media and other sources.
- Measurement and reporting: works with a local agency to manage media monitoring and progress, provides reporting on communications activities to internal stakeholders as needed.
- Finance: manages budgets for Corporate Relations in Central Asia markets and Azerbaijan, PR agencies and campaigns assigned.
- Compliance: ensures appropriate PR process are aligned with global and regional requirements, documented, in place and followed, including approvals.
- Other projects and responsibilities as assigned
Reporting Relationships & Interactions
- Head of Corporate Relations CISSEE (based in Kyiv, Ukraine).
• 3+ years experience working with the media and/or PR agencies.
• Fluent Russian / Kazakh / English speaker.
• Experience of developing and implementing corporate, B2B, technology and consumer PR.
• Experience competently managing complex business issues and developing communications responses.
• Proven record of generating stories that drive business outcomes.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; as well as interpersonal skills and the ability to liaise with senior stakeholders both internally and externally.
• Experience project managing projects, budget.
• Proven competency in managing agencies and working with teams remotely.
• Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment under short timelines.
• Experience with channel and content strategies, including amplifying across social channels.
• SharePoint, PowerPoint, and other communication technologies.
• Self-starter with a growth mindset, curious, critical thinker and problem-solver
• Understanding of the political and business issues facing Visa