Director, Visa Consulting & Analytics
- Almaty, Kazakhstan
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Visa Consulting and Analytics Director will deliver consulting support and projects to VISA's key clients across Central Asia market to help optimize clients' payment cards portfolio performance, thereby ensuring that Visa is both their preferred brand and a unique business/marketing partner.
Principle Responsibilities/Key Results Area
Specific responsibilities include:
1. Using VISA and external data, analyze client needs across the focus markets and identify opportunities for Consulting assignments with top Clients.
2. In coordination with Country Managers and Account Executives, develop Country plans for Consulting activity with top Clients, securing funds from partnership agreements to support Consulting projects where such agreements exist.
3. Develop project pitches and in coordination with Account Executives, secure new Consulting assignments with clients, as well as "re-engagements opportunities" via a consultative sales approach in assigned markets.
4. Deliver Consulting projects. Resolve complex strategic problems. Synthesize and manage complex project structures when required. Manage, facilitate and implement consulting services and meet client's business targets (assignment objectives, project scope, budget, paperwork, external consultants' supervision and project delivery). Work closely with other VISA groups, including Product, Marketing etc., to ensure a seamless client Consulting experience in the countries of focus.
5. Develop and deliver client training programs and impart best practices knowledge sharing to VISA clients.
6. Where appropriate, work with designated practice areas global Consulting groups to incorporate best practice, source analytical or other services and realize consulting efficiency between CEMEA and other regions.
7. Deliver and manage a network of external Consultants for the projects that require external consultant support and: (a) Maintain excellent liaison and supervision of external consultants' deliveries, (b) Assist in selecting, recruiting, inducting and training new external consulting firms, (c) Work with other teams and external consultants to develop new and improved tools and techniques for future consulting activities.
8. Manage the VISA Consulting and Analytics budget and resources to perform all required duties.
9. Liaise with VISA functional teams (Finance, Audit, Legal, Tax, Sourcing) to define and implement processes to optimize the daily engagement of vendors and the relationships with clients.
10. Manage sales pipeline, execute on revenue targets agreed.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent. Master’s degree preferred but not required.
• At least 10 years of solid experience. Preferably, portfolio management, product and analytical experience within the card business of top-tier bank, or the financial services practice of a reputable consulting firm, with deep exposure to consumer or corporate card projects and proven track record. A combination of local/regional and global experience strongly desired.
• Deep consulting skills and client engagement capabilities. Advanced client contact and presentation skills. Credibility with clients and working teams and diplomatic skills to extract desired outcomes. Comfortable interacting with and presenting to senior management of clients and VISA.
• Highly analytical with advanced PowerPoint skills and Excel skills. Ability to work with database software.
• Superior project management skills. Avid communicator.
• Results driven, flexible and both internally and externally customer focused.