Staff SW Engineer - Fullstack+Microservice
- Palo Alto, CA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Data Product Development division is part of the Visa's technology organization. The division is responsible for providing value added product and services to our clients and for internal use. The client access to these services are enabled through a set of Data API, BI and Analytics products, Custom applications and Data Visualization. The Business Intelligence and Analytics group which is part of the Data Product Development division that develop and manages various BI and Analytics products and services.
- Implementing substantial applications in Web and Web Services utilizing big data technologies.
- Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards.
- Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
- Develop Security & integration components for data security and privacy
- Integrate with Visa's enterprise application for authentication and access
- Provide third-level support to business users.
- Research and evaluate a variety of software products.
- Participate in review of solution designs, code review etc.
- Closely work with different stakeholder like Project manager, product owner and other cross functional teams.
- Work with architects, systems analysts, project managers and other developers to successfully implement business requirements while applying the latest available tools and technology.
8 years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or 5 or more years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 2 years of work experience with a PhD
- BS / MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of Web and Web service development using java/j2ee and hands-on Development experience in a Cross-platform, multi-tier environment.
- Strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Open source framework experience such as Angular (1.* & 2) , Spring, SpringBoot, Hibernate, JQuery, D3 etc.
- Working experience in Micro service development & API automation
- Cloud & Container based deployment
- Message based application development using JMS, MQ Series/Rabbit MQ.
- Relational database and SQL development experience.
- Knowledge of data modeling principles.
- Experience in integrating third party APIs
- Test Automation and Continuous integration using Selenium, Jenkins, Bamboo
- Knowledge of various SQL/NoSQL data storage mechanisms, Elastic/SOLR Search and Big Data technologies.
- Good to have working experience in Hadoop/QL, Spark, Python, Kafka.
- BI tools such as Microstrategy, Tableau knowledge is a plus.
- Experience using version control (GIT, Stash) and bug tracking (Jira) tools
- Agile development experiance
- Self-motivated, fast learner, great verbal and written communication skills.
- Working with different stakeholder & leading a team.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.