Senior Business Intelligence Developer - Visa Payments Ltd
- London, United Kingdom
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology? Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world? You will fit right in.
By joining one of our teams at Visa Payments Limited, a division of Visa Inc since 2019, you’ll have an opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Being part of Visa, the world’s leader in digital payments technology, our mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network, enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive.
Visa Payments Limited is a financial technology business that provides cross-border payment processing services to banks and payments businesses across six continents through its global network.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we are proud that we are a talented team of 18,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life both within and outside of the office, and whether it is taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programmes, Visa Payments Limited and Visa Inc. respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone.
If you think you could support the Visa family by joining Visa Payments Limited as a Operations Analyst, we want to hear from you.
You're an individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The BI Developer will assist the Business Intelligence team in all areas related to data to produce and share insights, analytics and actionable Business Intelligence; both internally and externally, to drive performance and achieve strategic objectives. The role will cover data to support ongoing operations and change or business data to gain perspective and value from the information stored. The role requires a broad awareness and understanding of what data can provide for Visa Payments Ltd.
The Business Intelligence Developer will assist the Business Intelligence team in dealing with Ad-hoc queries, creating/editing reports and dashboards, setting up schedules for reports, BI4 Administration, creating and maintaining SSIS packages, creating and maintaining SQL Server jobs, creating, maintain SQL Server stored procedures and help the move the team towards Big Data Technologies
- Work closely with BI Manager/Report Developers and Database teams Accountable for the delivery of accurate, insightful, timely and relevant insight and analytics across the business, internal and external
- Design, maintain and support all aspects of the Data Warehouse.
- Support Business As Usual (BAU) activities
- Creating and maintaining SQL Server jobs, SSIS packages and stored procedures
- Creation, Scheduling and Support of Business Intelligence reports
- Support of the Business Objects reporting Environment
- Undertakes trend and root cause analysis to provide customer and business insight and recommendations
- Undertake data modelling requirements
- Directly consult with clients to maximise benefits of business intelligence and data analytics, in line with their business objectives
- Support with delivery and migration of new data where change remains a constant and a continuous improvement cycle regime prevails.
- Provide input into data management practices including data classification, data retention, data usage, data destruction and any other aspect of data usage across technical and non-technical solutions.
- Assist in define and build data architecture for data warehouse and big data solutions (including fact and dimensional modelling).
- Support with developing data architecture pipelines by gathering requirements and use cases and leveraging knowledge from market, external stakeholders, and research.
- Work closely with key stakeholders across the VPL and Visa businesses
- Understanding of database structure principles across both relational and no-SQL database technologies
- Data modelling experience, gathering and analysing system requirements focused on the data elements across capture, processing, storage and distribution.
- Knowledge of data mining and segmentation techniques in step with current industry best practice and technical solutions.
- Advanced SQL experience in DB2/MS SQL SQL Server or similar
- Advanced Excel experience
- Advanced Data Warehousing (Fact and Dimension modelling)
- Advanced SQL Server Integration Services
- Knowledge of Big Data Environments using Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS)
- Hands on Experience of Python, Spark SQL and any other Big Data Technologies
- Experience in data migration projects
- Familiarity with data visualization tools, including Business Objects, Tableau, Power BI
- Proven analytical skills and a problem-solving attitude focussed on data and how to gain the maximum benefit from the data
- Experience participating in data solution design and usage role preferably within the Financial Services domain and technology solutions.
- Experience in Agile software development experience such as SCRUM, Kanban, SAFe
- Ability to break down and solve complex problems and follow solutions through to completion