- Singapore, Singapore
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
- Responsible for Production development & Support (DevOPS) on payment system services handling Real time data.
- Responsible to debug code, give code fix, build jar and deploy in production as and when required.
- Monitor processing, and ensuring timely execution, delivery, and availability.
- Responsible for migration of application to Hadoop framework.
- Detect technical issues, perform root cause analysis, and identify permanent solutions to fix problems as needed.
- Set audits and alerts to detect problems and facilitate maintenance activities.
- Plan and execute changes as per instructions, and strictly adhere to the processes and guidelines relating to change, incident, and problem management.
- Run problem bridges by collaborating with others from different functional and technical areas and escalating as needed to resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Engage in knowledge transition as well as research and analysis activities to find solutions to various business and technical problems.
- Evaluate alternative methods, and present recommendations and justifications to management.
- Identify improvement opportunities and build Automation as well as engaging in performance tuning of the code.
• 2 to 3 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree
• Java development experience
• Must have worked in Unix/Linux operating systems
• 2 to 3 years of ETL, JAVA and Hadoop experience, as well as proficiency in any one language (Java,Scala, python, Scala)
• Proficient in development using Java, J2EE, JSP/Servlets, Struts, Spring and Hibernate
• Good understanding of Hadoop framework and have work experience with Bigdata technologies
• Should have very good knowledge in Kafka and Spark (Scala is a plus)
• Good understanding of NoSQL database / worked with MongoDB/Apache Cassandra
• Experienced in Java development using IntelliJ or any major Java IDE
• Ability to solve complex production problem and debug code
• Strong interpersonal, facilitation, and effective communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Strong Team player and ability to collaborate as part of virtual team across the globe
• Incumbent must be a quick learner to learn new technology, tools, and ability to cascade the knowledge to others
• Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously and deliver on time with quality
• You must have strong verbal and written communication skills
• Job holder must have flexibility to work in shifts and during weekends and extended hours when needed
• You must have strong self-motivation, sense of ownership and ability to retain focus under stress during a crisis situation
• You must have strong business ethics, self-discipline, and trustworthiness to handle sensitive confidential data in live production environment
• Java Certification preferred
• Understanding of payment services is a plus
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.