Principal Product Manager
- Foster City, CA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa has built the world’s premier payments networks with advanced processing and value added services. “VisaNet” is capable of handling more than 50,000 transactions per second, with convenience, reliability, and security, including fraud protection for consumers and guaranteed payment for merchants.
Visa Direct is a payment service that Visa provides to clients (issuers, acquirers, processors, merchants and service providers) to facilitate fund transfers/disbursements to Visa cards and accounts around the world. The market opportunity is estimated to be more than $80 Trillion of payment volume globally.
Visa has been investing heavily in building up the product and enabling the network and partners. As part of the continued expansion plan for the product, we are seeking a Principal Product Manager to join the Visa Direct product team.
The ideal candidate would be a self-starter, ready to learn and experiment, and able to work both independently and as part of a team. A key driver of success will be the ability to focus on the highest leverage activities in the face of rapid change and new information, and the ability to independently drive activities all the way to successful completion. Product management will be a focal point in our strategy to deliver world-class product capabilities to market, and the Principal Product Manager role is a key piece of that vision.
- Develop and manage a plan for the areas of responsibility, aligned to the overall product roadmap
- Acquire knowhow on payments, Visa’s products and support the product team in driving the development of product features and functionality, leveraging the strong foundation of existing capabilities where appropriate
- Boundary scanning role to keep abreast of the latest in the industry, helping to benchmark and identify gaps in the product offering
- Collaborate with internal Visa teams (e.g., regional teams, technology, client services, other Visa product teams, risk, and other applicable groups) to define and execute a cohesive strategy related to a specific product or feature
- Support the development of the product strategy, go-to-market plans, and product design documents (concept document, business case, product requirements)
- Work with key stakeholders across product, client support, product operations etc. to develop best in class tools and reporting in support of day-to-day operations
- Own and develop clear and concise product collateral in order to document product capabilities to inform and educate internal stakeholders and clients of its desired behavior
• 8 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 5 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 2 years of work experience with a PhD
• 9 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 7 or more relevant years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 or more years of experience with a PhD
• 4+ years in product development or platform transformation for digital channels & payments
• Strong analytical skills with familiarity of payment systems (card networks, ACH, RTP, SWIFT, digital wallets)
• Ability to explain complex business and technical concepts to broad audiences in an approachable way and strong documentation skills, including PowerPoint
• Detail oriented and highly execution focused by working in conjunction with various counterparts across multiple functional groups
• Ability to quickly learn about the internal Visa systems and how it all works together
• Strong ability to analyze opportunities & problems, recommend solutions, and communicate effectively & confidently (both verbal and written)
• Strong influencing and partnership / collaboration skills to drive cross-functional teams in a highly matrixed organisation
• Positive, team-oriented attitude and inspiring leadership skills
• Ability to influence, negotiate and drive results, ensuring that timelines are adhered to and any risks to the project are called out early
• Working knowledge of Project Management and Agile tools such as CA Central (Rally), Confluence Wiki and JIRA required
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.