- London, United Kingdom
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
What’s it all about?
Visa is heavily investing in its Global Design Team to help support its growing digital product line. Visa Global Design is comprised of five specializations: Design, Design Engineering, Design Operations, Design Strategy, and Research & Accessibility. We are looking for a Design Researcher to join our team.
We believe that great design has the ability to engage and inspire users, and we strive to rethink and redefine how users interact with Visa's products and services. Our team members are innovative thinkers and strategic problem solvers who are as analytical as they are creative. We value hard work, accountability and collaboration, and we prize proven skills and team success over personal gain.
In this role, you will work closely with UX designers, developers and product managers to create research strategies driven by business goals and priorities. You must be results-oriented and have the ability to work independently, prioritizing many competing needs and effectively navigating ambiguity.
What we expect of you, day to day:
- Work closely with product managers, clients and other stakeholders to create UX strategies that align with business goals and priorities.
- Propose and execute on UX research roadmaps.
- Plan and lead usability tests (Web and Mobile), as well as a full spectrum of evaluative, generative, and iterative design research activities, including card sorting, interviews, tree tests, surveys, and workshops.
- Analyze existing and new digital products and services for usability issues and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Quickly propose possible solutions to UX issues to guide design.
- Create, analyze and validate information architecture.
- Manage stakeholder, partner and vendor relationships.
What we’re after…
- Some previous work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree or equivalent (e.g. Masters/MFA/MBA, etc.) – preferably working in agencies, digital product, or established startups.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Human Factors, Design, Psychology, Sociology or related field.
- Ability to navigate complex, cross-functional product and business teams to ensure alignment and project success.
- Expert knowledge of interaction and visual design principles with an eye for detail and consistency.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of accessibility guidelines and best practices.
- Experience with web analytics or data visualization a plus.
- Experience with tools like dScout, Figma, InVision, Mural, and UserTesting.com.
- Experience managing legal and privacy considerations and processes for user research.
- Ability to communicate insights and recommendations confidently to a variety of audiences.
- Fully fluent in English and able to understand and be easily understood in spoken and written English.
Inclusion & Diversity:
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
Less than 20% travel required
Incumbent must make themselves available onsite during core business hours.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.