Product Manager – Open Banking & Real Time Payments
- London, United Kingdom
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
As a Product Manager at Visa, you will you drive the latest and most innovative ideas through the product development lifecycle. You will operate as the product owner to deliver next generation product offerings to our customers. You will play a key role in ideating and co-creating new features and products that uniquely meet the needs of Visa’s customers. The Product Manager will be a member of the European Alternate Payments team, looking after the product strategy & development of Visa’s Real Time Payments & Open Banking solutions.
Real-time payments (RTP) and Open Banking are strategic initiative areas at Visa, focused on building the next generation payment network connecting individuals and businesses with banks, fin-tech players, countries and regions with the flexibility to use a variety of payment instruments – from cards to tokens and bank accounts or representative identity. As the world moves to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
The candidate must have experience as a Business Analyst or Product Owner within a technology organization, ideally in payments or Fintech.
The role does not require frequent travel and can be based anywhere in Europe.
- Support the development of the RTP & open Banking product strategy, go-to-market plans and all elements related to product documents (concept document, use cases, business case and product backlog).
- Transform business ideas into detailed requirements that enable technology teams to deliver new products or product enhancements based on business needs.
- Define relevant use cases utilizing Visa’s Open Banking and RTP solutions that solve specific pain points for our clients
- Clearly understand and articulate the value of Visa’s products and drive the development of product, features and functionality. Support the creation of collateral to present internally (building up Alternate Payment knowledge across the organisation) or externally to prospective clients and partners
- Define and lead projects to conduct market research or customer testing for Visa’s new product concepts. Translate these market and customer insights to drive product strategy and decisions.
- Initiate and drive collaboration with designers to create preliminary design concepts and work with engineering to implement and iterate, managing the backlog and features required by EU Product.
- Collaborate with internal Visa teams (e.g., regional teams, Product Marketing, Business Development) to define and execute a cohesive strategy related to a specific product or feature
- Drive the product vision including product development roadmap that takes into consideration Visa’s business model as well as the broader competitive environment to ensure product is competitively differentiated from other products in market.
Experienced payments professional with strong business acumen, a strategic outlook and creative approach to innovation. Experience in payment flows (card, account-to-account etc.) in key areas such as operations and product management. Experience of associated value-added services is beneficial.
- Strategic thinking skills – ability to anticipate upcoming trends and changes in the broader environment and apply them to create competitive advantage for Visa.
- Exceptional communicator – able to adapt communication strategies to the needs of their audience (e.g., simplifying complex technical messages)
- Commercial acumen – Has a strong understanding of product financials (e.g., ROI, P&L, opportunity costs, etc.) to ensure product delivers expected revenue targets.
- Critical thinking - Able to methodically break down problems into smaller components to enable a deeper understanding of root causes of key issues. Evaluates points for improvement and can creatively solve complex and ambiguous problems to reach new and unconventional modes of resolution.
- Problem solving – uses creativity and resourcefulness to overcome unexpected roadblocks
- Customer centricity - Collaborates with other teams to evaluate client’s needs and identifies ways to address key challenges.
- Cross functional communication - Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English
- Ability to work on projects across teams and ensure project deadlines are met
- Strong team player with demonstrated ability to collaborate and work effectively across functional areas to build consensus and achieve goals.
- A high, self-defined standard of excellence and drive for continual improvement
- Experience with Agile working practices and toolsets
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
• Strong product management experience gained at a technology company or comparable experience.
• Ability to build cross-functional consensus among internal and external stakeholders to drive business results.