Staff UI Software Engineer (REF33915O) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
- Austin, TX, USA
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa DDP is looking for a Staff UI Engineer to join our team. We believe that great design has the ability to engage and inspire users and we strive to rethink and redefine how users interact with our applications and products. We value hard work, accountability and collaboration and look for proven skills over big egos. Our team excels in working together and recognizing individual strengths, and values each contributor as a key factor in successfully delivering a project. If you understand “Yes, and” over “No” this is the team for you.
In this role, you will work closely with UX designers, software engineers and product owners to build pixel perfect layouts, user interface components, and single page applications for a variety of websites and applications. You will work on a very agile team and be expected to context shift quickly between projects.
- Analyze existing software for Usability and Accessibility issues and provide recommendations for improvement
- Work with a diverse team of product owners, UX designers, and developers in a fast paced environment, with quick iterative cycles
- Keep up to date with the latest trends in web engineering and introduce them into projects when appropriate
- Evangelizing UI/UX front-end best practices and Accessibility for web
- Fielding inquiries and requests for support from stakeholders
- Work with Visa UX leadership team to attract, build, and maintain an engaged team of UX professionals across the globe
- Bachelor degree in CS, MIS, UX and 6+ years of experience required
- Experience implementing pixel perfect layouts and UI components using React
- Experience building Single Page Applications that consume REST services
- Experience with one server-side web application framework and language like Ruby/Rails, C#/ASP.Net, JS/NodeJS, etc.
- Understanding of UX and the design techniques and principals involved in the production of conceptual prototypes, wireframes, and HTML Prototypes
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and manage one’s time
- Web Standards and Accessibility Best Practices
- Ability to analyze written requirements and visually conceptualize the user interface and application flows
- Knowledge of Adobe products
- Responsive Design Principles
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work <5% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.