Associate, VCA Data Science (Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand)
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Visa Consulting & Analytics (VCA) is a global team of payments experts (consultants and data scientists), focused on enhancing Visa clients’ business performance and profitability. The team provides clients with a comprehensive global view on data-driven, actionable insights capitalizing on Visa’s global data infrastructure, the largest payments database in the world.
Our consultants are experts in strategy, product, portfolio management, risk, digital and more with decades of experience in the payments industry. Our data scientists are experts in statistics, advanced analytics and machine learning. The combination of our deep payments consulting expertise and our breadth of data allows us to identify actionable insights and recommendations that drive better business decisions.
Currently the team has ~500 professionals globally with >1400 projects executed in 2020. Key focus areas of VCA in FY21 are to drive Value-in-kind (VIK) revenue, include consulting VIK to displace cash incentives in every new or renewal client deals and build a strong team of consultants and data scientists.
VCA has both local and regional teams to support Visa’s clients throughout the engagement journey. The full time data scientist associate role will have good opportunity to gain exposure with clients across Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand (SMT). These are highly diversified geographies with clients at different levels of progress. You will be challenged to stretch your thinking and innovation is always an edge to the work that we do.
- Support Data Science team with data mining/analytics to deliver client projects
- Analyze data and provide actionable insights and recommendations.
- Actively seek out opportunities to innovate by using non-traditional data and new modeling techniques fit for purpose to the needs of our clients
- Develop Country Specific Consumer / Cross Border / Dominant Profile Persona Analysis using Explainable AI Model
- Develop advanced techniques to match VisaNet to External data using geolocation
- Develop and support Card-On-File activation and diversification model for SMT
- Creating insights & stories using Hive and Spark in a way that can be automated for regular run
- Utilize data visualization and descriptive statistics to connect ideas into well-grounded insights for scalable reporting using Tableau
- Understand business requirements from stakeholders and create data solutions that resolves the business problem
- Full time data scientist associate
- 0-2 years data analyst/data scientist related working experience
- Background in Data Science, Engineering and Mathematics
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.