Senior Cybersecurity Engineer
- Austin, TX
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Identity and Access Management (IAM) team is responsible for securing employee access to our core applications in the most efficient, compliant and user-friendly manner, innovatively using the latest industry standards and tools. Our goal is to become the gold standard for IAM worldwide, and we are already on our way, recently winning Oracle’s annual Identity Management Innovation award.
Visa's IAM eco-system includes an extensive, and highly customized, rich Identity Management platform implementation. The team has successfully implemented many of the core components. However, we have many features yet to be designed and integrated in order to achieve an acceptable level of coverage.
With the additional features and the goal of extensive coverage comes a higher level of complexity, criticality, overall usage, and dependency on the environment.
We are seeking an experienced Cybersecurity Systems Administrator to become a member of our Global team of IAM experts to lead and influence further development, operations, and support of the IAM environment as well as interfacing with stakeholders and O&I at a highly technical level. .
The successful candidate will have a fundamental understanding of networking and security concepts as well as hands-on in-depth experience with a programming/scripting language. In addition, the candidate should possess the ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex issues, and the willingness to take on challenges.
- Undergraduate degree or Master in CS, Engineering, related field.
- 5-10 years’ experience in system administration
- 5+ Years of experience administering Linux and/or Windows
- 3+ Years of experience with a programming/scripting language such as Java, Unix Shell, C#, PowerShell, or Perl
- 5+ Years of experience of troubleshooting application in complex network environment, and writing situation report to prevent future occurrence of event.
- 5+ Years administering, troubleshooting, and optimizing High Availability solutions.
- 3+ Years performing code deployments into a Linux/Application server environment
- 3+ Years of database management/integration experience; Microsoft and/or Oracle
- 5+ Years assisting with disaster recovery planning
- 3+ Years of project lead
Key responsibilities and qualifications
- Design and conduct project to implement Bastion solution.
- Design and implement Service activity reports.
- Design and implement monitoring tools for IAM solution outage, performance degradation or reported service errors.
- Design and implement installation and patching mechanism for self-healing solutions or bulk platform install/updates.
- Perform maintenance and implementation of Bastion solution.
- Perform analysis of IAM related incidents, including Data analysis
- Documentation of the root cause.
- Manage infrastructure using Load Balancers and DNS mapping solutions.
- Design, improve and conduct disaster recovery plan.
- Assist with code deployments (design and test plan review)
- Work closely with Management, Development team, and the Quality Assurance team to communicate issues and proposed solutions
- Strong understanding of network protocols and network security
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; able to engage with peers, stakeholders, and customers to provide incident support
- Excellent organizational skills; able to work with a vast array of information and able to cope with rapidly changing information
- Work within a globally distributed team of IAM team members and customers; sometimes having to provide support outside of normal business hours and on weekends.
- Operations experience in an enterprise Identity Solution environment is a must.
Work Hours & Position Location
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core Pacific Time Zone business hours.
- Incumbent will be required to provide support outside of normal business hours and on weeks on a rotational on-call support basis; a company-issued mobile phone will be issued and the incumbent is required to carry it.
- Position can be located in Austin, TX.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. in a preferential precondition of employment for this position.
- This position does not require the incumbent to travel
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.