Senior SW Test Engineer
- Atlanta, GA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Global Client Testing provides dedicated testing support to Visa Clients who are certifying new interfaces, enhancements, upgrades and changes to existing interfaces. The goal of testing is to ensure all code is in compliance with and meets the standards of the Visa Operating Regulations supporting VIP/Base I & Base II Technical Specifications
The successful candidate will be playing a key role in the VISA Processing Platform. This position is ideal for a candidate who is passionate about testing complex and challenging projects, along with supporting testing of Application Programming Interface (API) initiatives. The candidate will be extensively involved in all aspects of testing using simulator and other network tools in the implementation of programs and other activities for Clients, Corporate and Internal Initiatives.
- Provide day-to-day testing support to client institutions including response to customer inquiries related to testing, applications issues or questions and ensure customer expectations are met
- Provide technical and consultative support to both internal and external resources and customers to support business needs
- Perform network / system diagnostics, troubleshooting and transaction research to analyze and resolve endpoint problems
- Ability to manage assignments that are of diverse scope and complexity and require significant initiative and judgment
- Utilize defined standard Testing and Certification skills and processes as well as tools such as VTS-VIP,VUI-UI, Web Interfaces, and all associated tools required for the position
- Maintain current knowledge of technologies, products, services, methods, and applications and implement new approaches and practices as required
- Demonstrate continuous improvement of performance, cost effectiveness & compliance in delivery of support services to Visa clients.
- Establish and fosters relationships with Client Support and Implementation teams across Visa Inc. to exchange, learn and leverage best practices.
- Perform additional duties as requested by management
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 or more years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or Technology-related field
- 3-5 years' experience in a QA/development role in software, financial or information services
- Demonstrated experience in test planning, test strategy, and test execution.
- Have specialized skills (core systems, interchange, chip for example) that allow candidate to provide effective consultative support to clients on projects.
- A demonstrated ability to work in a high-pressure environment with minimal errors.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills are required
- EFT industry knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of transaction message formats (ISO and API)
- Knowledge in Chip payment solutions (EMV)
- Knowledge in e-Commerce transaction processing, 3DS, Visa Secure
- Experience in IBM/MVS, Tandem, Jira, Postman and Soap UI
- Able to quickly learn and implement new technologies, application appropriate frameworks and tools
- Understanding of Agile, scrum and Quality Assurance processes and methodologies
Work hours: 8 hours - Regular Office hours
Travel: Position might require occasional travel for training or team meetings
Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.