Senior Consultant: Global Workstream Lead
- Atlanta, GA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Team and Initiative
Client Services provides industry-leading operational support to Visa's clients around the world. With our deep knowledge and expertise, we are a key internal partner to product and technology, bringing the voice of the customer into the design, development and successful deployment of Visa products and services, and enabling our client facing teams to deliver and scale new products, services and initiatives into the market.
Within Client Services, the role of the Global Readiness team is to take ownership of a product team's vision and deliver with excellence for our clients on behalf of Visa. Readiness acts as the liaison between Product and Client Services to engage early and provide input during the design and development stages, including building out implementation and support requirements, and partnering cross-functionally to identify and communicate platform and product roadmap impacts to the client facing support teams to enable our clients' success.
We are hiring a global Sr. Consultant to focus on the Numerics Initiative - how Visa is implementing the new industry standard on BIN length. Our goal is to facilitate a successful and seamless adoption by our clients (issuers, acquirers, processors, merchants and service providers) around the world. Visa is taking this opportunity to update its approach to managing the BIN and the related processing numerics that support its transactions in VisaNet and the downstream systems.
This highly visible leader will be instrumental to the success of this multi-faceted, global initiative that touches upon all functional areas at Visa with impacts to our entire client base. This program is especially complex as it involves managing changes to in-market product portfolios and platforms to accommodate the new standard, requiring customer-centric solutions that do not disrupt commercial operating models. The successful candidate will enable our operational client-facing teams to solve real world challenges through establishing strong cross-functional processes and accountabilities with our existing global function-specific workstream leads. The successful candidate will also have deep knowledge of payment processing, the client business landscape, their key drivers and how the dynamics across their ecosystem. Strong partnerships with key stakeholders across Client Services, Sales, Technology and Product, and forging alliances across teams to drive change will be essential to success.
This role will be instrumental in driving the successful adoption of the Numerics Initiative by internal and external clients, reinforcing Visa's position as an industry leader and innovation company. The success of this program to adopt the new industry standard will directly affect Visa's reputation and our position as a leader in the industry.
- Self-motivated and highly driven to get things done
- Always learning and comfortable with a dynamic environment
- Strong attention to detail and process management
- Creative thinker, solutions and results-oriented, customer focused, and excellent analytical discipline
- Highly developed interpersonal skills demonstrated through experience working with cross functional relationships
- Problem-solver and change agent with ability to identify and implement opportunities for improvements to enable teams to work productively and optimally. Passionate in putting client interests as the focus of all efforts
- Ability to complete the analysis, craft the message and materials, then deliver well thought-out recommendations to various stakeholders at all levels including senior executives
- Great listener who can communicate clearly with many types of people. Knows how to ask insightful questions that advance the discussion and impact project planning
- Relationship-builder who understands the need for inclusive teams across a diverse, global audience with multiple, matrixed reporting lines
- An adept communicator who understands technical and operational topics and translates them into business terms to motivate action. Provides clear, concise communication to project stakeholders; summarizes relevant facts for senior management and delivers with confidence
- Works independently yet collaboratively; acts decisively, able to resolve most project management issues independently
- Desire to help manage global initiative
- Assist in ownership of the Numerics Initiative global roadmap including the comprehensive operational strategies and plans across the Core Workstreams. Inform decisions and drive accountabilities to optimize team progress and collaboration
- Identify and track all revenue associated with initiative; develop management reporting
- Identify and develop mapping document to reflect matrixed initiative team beyond core
- Own the RAID (Risks, Actions, Issues, Decisions) process for the Core Workstreams, driving resolution by partnering with internal stakeholders and communicating implications and recommendations, updating logs and reporting progress
- Develop a strong partnership with the relevant global and regional Client Services, Sales, Product, Technology and cross-functional teams. Be the SME to the other working teams to optimize collaboration and identify common needs. Support gathering client-relevant and technical details and data required for client success.
- Drive regularly scheduled and ad hoc project meetings to review progress, identify new needs, develop strategies and programs to address. On an ongoing basis, provide high quality customer service and communicate project status (timelines, progress and challenges) to business stakeholders
- Work with Core team leads, helping to identify gaps and bolster capabilities, solve problems proactively and real-time, and deliver relevant knowledge.
- Lead ad hoc projects as required to resolve issues, and drive project progress.
- Present at client meetings, as requested.
- Embrace and implement new methodologies and optimize on an ongoing basis as the business scales within the organization.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. Requires 7-10 years' experience in a customer support role in financial services, payment card, software or information services
- Advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and other collaboration tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Dynamics, Project, SharePoint or equivalent) required.
- Excellent verbal, written, influencing and presentation skills are required
- Must have strong interpersonal skills (must project credibility and integrity) and a proven ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships
- Understanding of VisaNet Processing and web-based technologies including APIs
- Strong knowledge of client processing and operational environments
- Strong analytical abilities with excellent knowledge of project management methodologies and collaborations processes that drive performance
- A proven track record of success in fast-paced environments with demanding timelines
- Experience in multi-cultural business environments preferred
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.