Staff Systems Engineer - AIX/GPFS
- Singapore, Singapore
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
In order for Visa to deliver on the vision of the best way to pay and be paid for everyone, everywhere, the IAAS Systems and Storage & Engineering (ISSE) team – a part of the Operations & Infrastructure organization – must provide best-in-class infrastructure services that are secure, scalable, continuously available, and run-on software-defined infrastructures.
- In-depth experience with the following Operating Systems: AIX 7.x and Red Hat Enterprise 7/8 and/or Ubuntu 16.x /18. x.
- In-depth experience of big data technologies including Hadoop and GPFS.
- File System (GPFS, JFS), LPAR, VPAR, DLPAR and VIO. Configure and administer Logical volume manager, high availability storage, GPFS administration and update the operating system.
- Desired experience in managing SOI (standard operating Image) and SOE (Standard operating Environment)
- In depth experience with enterprise class virtualization technologies including VMware, Linux KVM and IBM Power Virtualization
- Unix Engineering knowledge and hands-on with Linux container technology, SELinux and Docker.
- Strong Hardware and OS deployment experience in the following server product lines: HP ProLiant, Dell PowerEdge and/or IBM Power
- Strong scripting skills in UNIX environments. In-depth experience in deployment and workflow automation.
- Experience in automation and workflow tools such as Ansible, Chef and BladeLogic tool
- Strong analytical and technical troubleshooting skills, and possess an ability to explain technical concepts and provide mentorship to junior staff
- Strong expertise and experience in system monitoring techniques and tools
- Hands on experience with back-end technologies including Satellite Server & NIM.
- Authoritative knowledge in server end SAN/NAS configuration and troubleshooting
- Ability to analyze, fix and take on storage stack issues (Hosts, SAN switches and Storage Devices)
- Engineering knowledge in TCPIP networking – link aggregation/redundancy, switches, routing and load-balancing
- Ability to write technical design and build documentations for all aspects of a technical infrastructure
- Strong ability to integrate content from other domain areas and construct final technical design documents
- Strong ability to provide level 3 support and guide level 2 administrators on problem resolution. Exhibit understanding and perform operational acceptance/turnover activities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field required,
- advanced degree preferred 7 years of relevant working experience in large enterprise operational environments required
- 24x7 "On-call" support rotation required
- Broad knowledge in hardware, software, network and applications deployments thru automation
- Confirmed experience in an application hosting or data center environment
- Confirmed experience with maintaining highly available and highly secure systems
- Good hands-on technical engineering professional with business insight
- Strong process orientation and solid grasp of software development and testing techniques, methodologies and best practices
- Good experience in design and implementation experience with custom and off-the-shelf applications, and help coordinate activities of multiple technology domains in terms of design and deployment ITIL certification preferred