Senior Technical Product Manager (Director Level)- Big Data Platform
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Are you interested in working on one of the most exciting domain and fast growing space? The payment industry, in parallel with technology in general, is experiencing a period of rapid, disruptive innovation. At the same time, mobile connectivity is growing rapidly and, with it, comes the opportunity to extend financial products to the 2.5 billion people around the world who are financially excluded.
Visa is committed to fueling innovation in this space along with our partners. To this end, Visa is committed to open up the majority of existing APIs to our current clients and partners as well as the broader developer community.
The Data Platform (DP) department is a key component of Visa's Technology organization that provides an enriched and valuable ecosystem of data platform and data services that drive innovation for our partners and clients, within Visa and globally. Data is the most value asset in Visa. The Data Platform department is dedicated to develop advanced technology (e.g. Cloud, Machine Learning and Big Data), systems and services to make data secure, rich, high quality, and fast therefore enabling Visa the ability to leverage its data assets in an effective and timely manner to maximize technology/business development and differentiate Visa from others in the payment industry.The group maintains tens of petabytes of data supporting over 100 services for various internal lines of business and external clients.
The Technical Production Management (TPM) team in Data Platform is responsible on defining the next generation of Visa Data Platform including the Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Data as a Service (DaaS). To do this, the Senior TPM needs to understand the customer demand on data platform and deliver innovative, effective, reliable and scalable quality products and services. This position will report to the Head of Technical Product Management, Data Platform.
The ideal candidate will have a very strong technical background in one or more of the following areas, with a hands on approach at some point of time in career
- Building data platform products with open source big data technologies such as Hadoop, Cassandra, Presto, Kafka, Apache Ranger, Parquet, API platforms, Data security , and Data governance frameworks.
- Good understanding of platforms related to Data Lake and access
- Experience in managing products related to data localization and governance
All candidates should be passionate, self-driven and resourceful, creative problem solver with can-do attitude, ideally be thought leader in above areas, is very familiar with the up to date development of related cutting edge technologies especially open source projects, have exceptional organisational skills, written and verbal communication skills, be an analytical and structured thinker as well as with significant experience in customer/partner interaction, management and software solution delivery.
- Be the CEO/CTO of the products you own
- Deeply understand the needs on data of Visa
- Drive requirements, strategy and end results for data collection, processing, publishing, and serving within Visa.
- Strategise and plan VISA specific open source distribution for Big Data services (internal distribution), create road-map, internal release plans and guide engineering teams towards the same
- Should be able to identify new opportunities to adopt appropriate open source technologies, evaluate and create offering plan based on customer user cases and technology evaluation
- Assist in strategising application migration/adoption from vendor backed Big Data technology to open source version
- Drive VISA Data Platform's engagement with open source communities
- Keep up with cutting edge technology especially open source projects, strive to contribute to Visa’s IP portfolio
- Evaluate new product opportunities and bring forward proposals and influence to expand our product line
- Define product success metrics, SLA by partnering with other leaders in DP, keep it up to date and enforce
- Define products scope and prioritisation and be flexible to iterate/change per latest developments to meet deadlines
- Work closely with all stakeholders to ensure successful end-to-end delivery of products and achieve high rating from customers
- Work with operation and engineering teams to ensure reliable operations and SLAs met or exceeded
- Work with project management to participate in agile working teams to ensure on time high quality delivery
- Perform User Acceptance Testing and exceed requirements and user experience expectations
- Closely interact with data platform architects and partner with business and technology teams globally
- BA/BS degree is required. Concentration in Computer Science or a related technical discipline
- 12 yrs+ of experience of relevant experience in technical product management, with a hands on experience with software architecture /design (preferably in Data services domain) at some point of time in the career
- Experience demonstrating strong leadership, self-motivation and accountability
- Strong technical experience in the above listed technical areas
- In-depth knowledge of open source projects and its trends in the related areas
- Proactive, can do attitude, self-driven, creative problem solver
- Passion for the product you own, its impact and continuous improvements
- Strong product management experience
- Exceptional collaboration and partnership skills with the ability to work in a global environment and drive consensus in cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to interface well with clients and partners at all levels
- Outstanding communications ability to a diverse customer audience, including C-level executives, product, and technical stakeholders
- Strong customer service and relationship management skills
- Fast learner on both technical side and business side
- Strategic thinker who can balance big picture strategy with detailed, flawless execution
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines