Sr. Data Engineer
- Bangalore, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Corporate IT (CIT) group has embarked on a major transformation journey. We are transforming ourselves into a true engineering organization where we put customer experience and end user support first. As part of this strategy, we are consolidating several of our Operational functions into a single area focused on providing world-class operational support to our End users. Visa's Engineering, Applications and Analytics team is looking for curious, creative, and technology experts to join our growing team. We focus on delivering and supporting integrated platforms that enables Visa's finance applications, which are used by Visa business partners to service Visa clients globally. We also develop analytics and reporting by using revenue data.
The successful candidate is expected to be expert in platform deployed on linux systems. The selected candidate will be fully responsible for both service delivery and operational excellence of services built using Hadoop technologies.
- Responsible for understanding requirements, design, involved in development, deployment, and on-going enhancements.
- Data Integration, Processing & Governance
- Data Storage and Computation Frameworks, Performance Optimizations
- Analytics & Visualizations
- Data Management Platforms
- Implement scalable architectural models for data processing and storage
- Build functionality for data ingestion from multiple heterogeneous sources in batch & real-time mode
- Build functionality for data analytics, search and aggregation.
• Overall 5+ years of IT experience in Data related technologies
• Experience in Python, spark, Hive, SQL and Unix
• Experience testing software components that utilize APIs and relational databases
• Experience with unstructured data (json, xml)
• Persistence: Demonstrates tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
• Proactivity: Resourceful, has grit, and a positive “can do” attitude; acts without being told what to do.
• Communication: Communicates information, ideas, and concepts clearly.
• Teamwork: Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
• Analytical skills: Likes learning and learns quickly.
• Attention to Detail: Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.