Staff Software Engineer
- Belfast, United Kingdom
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Belfast centre has full life cycle responsibility for the delivery of products that are integral to the continued growth and success of CyberSource worldwide. The centre is exciting and dynamic, fostering a culture of innovation, diversity and inclusion. At a centre level, security best practice is at the forefront of everything we do. We strive to continually improve the availability and resiliency of our products to six 9s and beyond. We are focused on building best of breed RESTful APIs and executing against our containerisation strategy.
As a Staff Software Engineer within CyberSource you will take a “subject matter expert” role in the design, build, and enhancement of key modules of our Tokenisation Management Service (TMS). Utilising your expertise you will fulfil the role of design lead and will be responsible for driving technical strategy within the organisation.
The scope of this role extends beyond core software development; you will be the owner of the new features design, build and implementation of complex systems that process millions of transactions per day.
In addition, you will be a pivotal technical leader within the CyberSource team to ensure the continued development of innovative and ingenious solutions for our client base. You will think globally and ensure we continue to architect high performance, scalable systems that are built the “right way”.
As a Staff Software Engineer with CyberSource you will:
- Be at the forefront of translating complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
- Have significant influence on our strategy by helping define and build the next wave of product features and system architecture
- Champion Agile to drive change and continuous improvement throughout the delivery process
- Utilise your sharp design and coding skills to create applications at a massive scale which are used by millions of people across the globe
- Take a hands-on role in influencing and guiding day-to-day development activities by leading architecture decisions, participating in designs, design review, code review, and implementation
- Be motivated by building elegant and maintainable systems that get the job done with minimal complexity
- Be the ambassador for engineering best practice across the development lifecycle and champion continuous improvement across the Dev Organisation
- Be an evangelist for Test-Driven Development and Continuous Deployment
Visa provides a market leading customisable benefits package that includes;
- Generous pension contributions
- Flexible working including compressed working patterns
- Premium family medical insurance
- Life and critical illness cover
- Baby bonus
- A flexible benefits wallet that can be allocated to other growth activities or training.
- Volunteering days
If building innovative, secure and performant solutions is part of your DNA, we want to hear from you.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be equally passionate about technology and solving large-scale complex business problems.
- Have a proven-track record within a technical lead/architect role to produce innovative and simple solutions to complex problems
- Be an established self-starter who possesses a relentless drive to initiate change, raise the technical bar and deliver results
- Have significant experience with multithreaded .Net development including fault-tolerant, scalable, high-volume systems
- Have expert knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle
- Highly proficient in Java, familiar with SOA and Micro-Services.
- Be comfortable challenging the norm; always on the lookout for new technologies and work with fellow technologists to implement these into the work stream
- Be equally content prototyping and tinkering with new applications as well operating within the rigour of making solutions production-ready.
- Be a passionate advocate for nurturing talent within CyberSource through career management, coaching and mentoring etc.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and enjoy working in a highly iterative, agile and collaborative team environment.
- Have a BS in Software Engineering/Computer Science/IS, or other related field with demonstrable software engineering experience.