Technical Support Analyst - Workstation Support
- Lehi, UT, USA
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
Visa Corporate IT (CIT) group has embarked on a major transformation journey. We are transforming ourselves into a true engineering organization where we put customer experience and end user support first. As part of this strategy, we are consolidating several of our Operational functions into a single area focused on providing world class operational support to our end users. This change is geared towards rethinking how we provide Operational support for the services we are responsible for. As a member or the End User Systems Support team, the Workstation Technical Support Analyst will be responsible for providing support for the systems, services and tools utilized by Visa Inc’s staff. The successful candidate will be a technically versed resource with excellent customer service skills.
Learn more about Visa's Corporate IT Organization at: vi.sa/Corp_IT_careers
The Technical Support Analyst provides hardware and software support to our workstations (both physical and virtual), mobile wireless devices, voice & video equipment, end user solutions like Office 365, and Endpoint security tools. The successful candidate will work with a dynamic and evolving global team charged with continuously improving the efficiency and effectiveness of support for our end user environment.
- Consistently provide an exceptional, pleasant and courteous service to all End Users
- Provide 2nd level support for escalated workstation and mobile related issues and requests
- Provide the day-to-day operational support for incidents, adds/moves/change for voice and video conferencing, and AV equipment and escalating to next level group when appropriate.
- Perform daily sweeps following defined procedures to ensure all conferencing equipment is functioning properly
- Effectively question end users to collect information and understand the issues they are experiencing, and perform diagnostic procedures to isolate and resolve the issues
- Interact with end users in person, via telephone, e-mail, IM/chat, and social tools, to provide technical support
- Prioritize incidents and complaints to assure all SLOs are meet
- Maintain incident records and resolution detail utilizing ITSM Ticketing tool, Service Now
- Troubleshoot incidents and document resolution notes with root cause analysis
- Utilize all technical resources to solve end user incidents
- Escalate or work in tangent with appropriate support specialists or support groups on unresolved issues
- Escalate hardware repairs to third party providers as needed
- Effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with management to express ideas in order to make informed decisions
- Installation of workstation, telephony, and mobile hardware/software as required
- Provision and prepare workstations using standard images
- Setup and install new workstations, loaners and other workstation related equipment
- Maintain 100% accuracy/control in the asset database of deployed assets, recording/updating as needed
- Communicate and provide knowledge transfer to other agents/technicians on issues/problems and resolution
- Work with other support groups such as network operations, in assisting in the resolution of incidents or maintenance activities
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- Fluent in English
- 4-6 years of experience as a technician accustomed to working in a large corporate environment
- Strong experience in providing exceptional customer service
- 4-6 years of experience as a technician supporting over 300 users with the following:
- installation, configuration, and support of PC, Mac, telephony, mobile, and voice/video hardware/software
- hands-on support for all operational aspects of voice, video and unified communications support including, but not limited to, assigning phones, assisting with meeting scheduling, etc.
- supporting and troubleshooting Windows 10, MS Office 365 suite, OSX (current release and prior release), IOS, Android
- Networking connectivity knowledge and troubleshooting
- Installation, configuration, and support of local and LAN printers
- Proven track record in delivering customer service excellence
- Excellent interpersonal skills:
- Active listening to end user needs, issues, complaints
- Ability to communicate effectively with wide variety of users, and technical teams
- Ability to support, and explain technical concepts to users at various levels of technical proficiency
- Effectively manage difficult or volatile situations
- Effective collaboration with peers and other groups
- Empathetic and patient
- Effective problem solving:
- Ability to effectively perform issue isolation and resolution in order to minimize downtime
- Ability to assess, analyze and research technical situations and provide viable alternatives
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedures, and OEM guides
- Ability to schedule and prioritize
- Ability to learn new technologies and procedures quickly
- This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel <5%
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.