Staff Software Engineer
- Austin, TX, USA
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
We are looking for talented, curious, proactive, energetic, and passionate individuals who embraces challenges and is a proven problem solver. As a Visa Staff Software Engineer, you will be an integral part of a cross-functional development team inventing, designing, building, and testing software assets. You will collaborate with Product Owners, Architects, Test Engineers, Devops, Operations, and other team members from the product ideation stage to production deployment and support of highly functional, secure, scalable, and robust software solutions.
- Full-stack development contribute to the design of backend database and queries, API creation and consumption, and contribute to frontend UI development.
- Works independently with minimal insight to develop software that conforms to Visa’s high standards of security, quality, performance, resiliency, and compliance.
- Takes ownership and is responsible for the design and delivery of one or more components of a project
- Provides oversight and guidance to team members contributing to those components
- Independently create multiple design artifacts for projects and present designs to team members and other stakeholders
- Provides mentorship and guidance to more junior team members
- Work with Technical Product Managers to break down solutions into smaller achievable tasks
- Support test engineers and operation teams in troubleshooting, defect research, issue root cause analysis, and other related activities
- B.S. in Computer Science or related degree and 6+ years of Software Development Experience
- Expert in JAVA
- Expert in building and consuming REST APIs
- Expert knowledge with Spring Technologies
- Expert diagraming solutions (flow, block, logical)
- Knowledge of Security and Authentication standards and technologies like OAuth
- Comfortable in delivering presentations to small to medium size forums
- Experience architecting solutions that is secure, resilient, and scalable
- Experience in building out a Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery pipeline
- Knowledgeable about Database technologies like Oracle and NoSQL solutions
- Knowledgeable about network architecture, VIPS, and Firewalls
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.