Program Manager (Technical) - Sr. Consultant level
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa’s Corporate IT organization is made up of several teams that all work towards the same goal; to build, operate, and maintain the IT systems and infrastructure necessary to enable a highly connected and collaborative workforce that helps power Visa’s business. With our mission in mind, we work to ensure the world is connected through the most advanced and innovative digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive.
We prioritize delightful user experiences. We do not take orders; rather, we build deep partnerships with our business partners and champion proactive new ways technology can advance our business into the future.
The CIT Project Management Office (PMO) is seeking a Project Manager to deliver technology solutions using traditional and iterative software development methodologies in a matrixed environment. Key responsibilities include:
· Work with business and technology subject matter experts to assess requirements, define scope, create estimates, and produce Project Charters and other documentation needed for funding approvals
· Set clear expectations with business partners to provide transparency into project initiation activities, and manage day-to-day interaction during project execution and delivery
· Perform project planning and scheduling, manage tasks and coordinate project resources to meet objectives and timelines
· Proactively identify, manage and mitigate project risks and find ways to accomplish project goals in the context of dynamic business/technical environments
· Provide high quality customer service and communicate project status (timelines, progress, and challenges) to technology and business stakeholders regularly
· Achieve project goals by engaging effectively with stakeholders, including enterprise architects and strategists, technical subject matter experts, business partners, Visa senior management, technology vendors, and financial institutions and strategic partners, as needed.
· Manage project budgets effectively by ensuring forecasts and actual charges are in line with approved bids and project costs are effectively controlled
· Ensure that all projects are in compliance with Visa's Project Management Methodology and Key Controls
· Keep project status updated in project management and workflow tools and maintain meticulous records (e.g., project financials, schedule, issues, risks, change control decisions)
· Provide support to PMO management for integrated planning activities, project portfolio reporting and coordination
· Accountable for the end-to-end planning and execution of one or more projects and/or agile teams. Lead and negotiate, scope, schedule, budget, risks, deployments and communications for projects and initiatives
· Coach multiple teams through the software development life cycle using Agile, Scrum, and Lean practices and work cross-functionally throughout the company to ensure projects are developed and deployed with quality and timely delivery into our production systems
· Ask thoughtful questions to help our Customers, Product Owners, and Product Managers to maximize ROI and meet objectives
· Work with Product Owners to promote and contribute to the improvement of the product backlog.
· Facilitate sprint planning, backlog grooming, daily stand-up meetings, reviews/demos, retrospectives, and other scrum ceremonies
· Shield the team from outside distractions and interferences. Track and remove impediments for the team
· Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution
· Coach team in estimation techniques
· Develop metrics and reports to help the team understand its health and progress and to set goals
· Coach/Mentor team members to internalize Scrum and the Agile Principles
· Influence change at all levels to increase team and organization performance at a sustainable pace
· Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent
· 12-15 years of work experience with a bachelor’s degree or
· 8-10 years of experience with an advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
· Experience using Agile methodology
· Minimum 4+ years of experience as a scrum master leading teams in agile software development
· CSM certifications are a plus
· Strong process orientation; solid understanding of project management techniques, methodologies and best practices
· High degree of business acumen and technical competency; ability to balance and bridge technology and business needs; project and program management
· Demonstrated organizational, planning and analytical skills, including project scheduling, estimating, risk identification, and change management
· Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills, and demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical and business issues and solutions across multiple organizational levels
· Strong leadership qualities and organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles
· Independent judgment and mature decision-making skills to deal with technology projects that often have enterprise-wide scope and may have significant cost and time-to-market impacts
· Ability to work independently, yet seamlessly integrate activities and collaborate effectively within a program team and across other organizations
· Ability to influence without direct authority to achieve necessary goals
· Solid analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to think strategically
· Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office tools (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, SharePoint)
· Experience in working with agile lifecycle and/or tracking and process management tools, e.g. Rally, JIRA
· Financial services and card payments experience is a plus
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back. By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.