- Yokohama, Japan
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates who are currently in Japan with the right to work in Japan. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.
This position is responsible for IT operational support of Visa payment network (core services(authorization/clearing & settlement), value-added services and new payment flows) - monitoring all critical production applications and infrastructures, for mainly Japan market, and manage the prompt resolution of all incidents. You will be expected to work closely with Visa Global Operations team (AP, US, UK & Japan) to support all Operational life cycle for production payment processing. You will also engage with 2nd /3rd level engineering/development teams in all aspects of service delivery and continuous service improvement. In addition, you will work closely with client facing teams to provide technical supports on business. You must be willing to go beyond the routine and be prepared to do a little bit of everything.
Responsibilities & Requirements
The role will report to IT core system operations (Global Operations) leader in Japan responsible for VisaNet production processing services for Japan market and will be expected to work closely with peers in Singapore, US and UK, and client-facing teams in Japan and Singapore.
Assure service levels of day to day operations and service delivery for VisaNet payment network by:
Providing operational supervision/instructions to operations team for services/applications running in mainframe, Linux and Windows environments
Following global standard operating processes/procedures to maintain service qualities
Actively participating in immediate responses to incidents and inquiries for clients, assessing impacts accurately, documenting investigation/research results in ticketing system
Responsible for timely communication of issues to internal and external stakeholders
Working on multiple platforms including ticket queue, mailbox, alert consoles and phone calls.
Actively driving critical/major incident resolution to meet group objectives.
Periodically reviewing alert handling/troubleshooting procedures to streamline and make more effective/efficient as continuous improvements and ensuring they are written clearly and can be carried out by all analysts
Analyze root cause of discrepancy of service delivery against service level objectives and key performance indicators/metrics, drive opportunity for improvements to supporting groups and make sure preventive/corrective measures are prepared/implemented.
Responsible for treating inquiries from internal/external stakeholders to meet their expectations
Provide transactional analysis and research by using multiple tools/applications
Review system/application changes and assess risks/impacts to Japan markets/clients and make necessary coordination with support teams
Support testing for client service launch and prepare launch of the services
Lead and promote team for internal continuous improvement activities in quality, information security, service management and business continuity areas based on ISO management system best practices
Responsible for preparing and providing operational reports based on business needs
Develop a strong working relationship with Visa's internal teams to establish priorities and maintain ongoing service management.
Provide on-call support on a weekly basis (in rotation with team) during night/weekend in urgent production issues and requests
Some administrative work is expected, including coordinating internal meetings as well as with vendors, receiving and directing visitors.
Candidate is also expected to have a market / client focused working style, based on an understanding of the local market / client situation
You will be expected to support other global applications and operational support to other teams depending on business needs.
You will be expected to provide operational support outside the agreed business hours depending on business needs.
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Excellent understanding 2 or more years hands on experience with Mainframe or Open Systems platforms (Windows, Unix/Linux, Solaris) in payment industry.
- Excellent understanding and at least 3 or more years hands on experience or operational experience with Mainframe or Open Systems platforms (Windows, Unix/Linux, Solaris) in payment industry
- Understanding and experience of systems operations and of networking principles.
- Possesses Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundation Certificate or higher certification is a plus.
- Knowledge of high availability and scalable parallel processing application development concepts.
- Knowledge in writing and reviewing technical documentation for quality service desk setup to ensure L1 and L2 team performs all the agreed ITIL processes.
- Experience in managing/running technical bridge calls with real-time impact to business and sending communications to business stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in English and Japanese, both oral and written as the role will involve interacting with global teams within Visa and domestic vendors, processors and clients.
- Good understanding of payment industry scheme and processing preferred
- Good understanding of disaster recovery and business continuity concepts and principles preferred
- Information Security concepts and principles (ISO27001, PCIDSS, etc) preferred.
- The candidate must be a good team player and self-motivated in completing any given task with a positive attitude.
- Meticulous, highly motivated and portray a sound business ethic.
- Must have an analytical mind - be able to analyze situations and offer solution to common problems.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize work.
- Has strong reporting, documentation and presentation skills.
- Able to effectively communicate at a staff level and management level.
- Has a good adaptation mind for new technology and services