Crypto and Fintech - Product Marketing Manager
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
As a product marketing manager at Visa, you will be the glue that binds our product strategy to the tactics needed to drive success in sales and marketing, ultimately delivering measurable results. Specifically, you will be responsible for supporting marketing efforts to drive awareness and adoption around one of the most exciting new vectors within Visa - our Fintech & Crypto product area.
You love to get inside the heads of our customers – to know them better than they know themselves, including what they need and how they make their decisions. You use insights and evidence to drive the development of positioning and messaging that resonates with our priority target audiences including fintechs and crypto-native fintechs and enables success for our product and sales teams.
You enjoy collaborating with multiple stakeholders to develop and deliver innovative marketing programs and content. For you, the details matter and you have an eye for quality to help you represent our brand in everything from product development and design to communications.
You are obsessed with tracking performance, and always have the data to prove what’s working and what isn’t. You are an extension of Visa’s Product Organization, regularly working with product managers, product strategists, and sales; it is a balancing act that requires strong relationship-building and diplomatic skills, including knowing when to push back and when to dive in.
- Become an expert on our customers - who are they, how they buy and their key buying criteria
- Understand the competitive landscape—know the competition and how they are positioned
- Define positioning and messaging, create compelling content, and build marketing programs to increase awareness and adoption of our programs
- Develop and execute marketing plans, coordinating with agencies and other teams such as product, sales, and comms to deliver a holistic approach that drives our business goals
- Understand and support our sales teams; train them on the problems we solve for our customers; develop internal tools and external collateral and teach them how and when to use them
- Be the advocate for the brand in product design and delivery discussions – ensuring standards are understood and the Visa brand remains prominent when and where it makes sense
- Continuously assess the effectiveness of your marketing efforts and make improvements
- Diligently manage projects, track against delivery timelines, and manage budgets
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA). Your work experience is focused in the area of product marketing.
- 6-8 or more years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 4-6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (MBA/ Master's)
- A strong track record of success in the field of product marketing
- A strong communicator and writer, comfortable simplifying complex concepts for senior executives or large groups
- A demonstrated ability to collaborate successfully in a matrixed organization, across a number of teams and markets
- You are detail oriented with the ability to see around corners and anticipate gaps or roadblocks before they arise
- Organized and able to manage highly interdependent, complex projects and keep various workstreams on track
- You are able to use data to drive decision making, with a strong track record of setting and delivering against measurable goals
- Passion for the fintech/crypto space with a love for crafting compelling content that speaks to them on their terms
- Knowledge and experience with sales and marketing tools such as Salesforce, Marketo, Eloqua, AEM and Google Analytics
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment (phones and computers), reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
The incumbent may be required to travel, up to 10%
Work Authorization: Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position. Relocation will not be available.
VISA is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law