Senior Technical Product Manager - Visa Direct
- Foster City, CA, USA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
- Partner with business sponsors and business product managers to develop product strategy and roadmap
- Influence business stakeholders on the definition of product requirements
- Run white-boarding sessions with business sponsors and SMEs to develop solution for product requirements
- Take high level requirements and define detailed requirements for execution by the engineering teams
- Partner with business sponsors, architects and development leads to define product development plans and detailed roadmap
- Play the role of Product Owner during the Agile planning and execution cycle
- Be the product SME who provides requirements clarifications during execution cycle
- Address bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints to maximize business benefit
- Engage with customers and partners on co-solutioning efforts and to drive product adoption in general
- Foster innovation, leverage new technologies and champion impactful positive change to owned product portfolio
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- Technical experience in managing products built using Java technologies, API (SOAP & Rest), Web & Mobile Development.
- Experience working in the Payments space.
- Hands on experience in developing roadmaps, writing user stories, grooming product backlogs and coordinating/prioritizing conflicting requirements in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
- Proficiency working in an agile environment.
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 12+ years of industry experience (with at least 7+ years of core Product Management experience) within a technology environment.
- Track record of successfully delivering complex software systems or services.
- Experience working in the Payments space.
- Exceptional collaboration and partnership skills with the ability to work in a global environment and drive consensus in cross-functional teams.
- Outstanding communications ability to a diverse customer audience, executives, product, and technology stakeholders.
- Solid business acumen.
- Fast learner on both technical and business side.
- Is proactive and operates with a sense of urgency and 'can do' attitude.
- Strategic thinker who can balance big picture strategy with detailed, flawless execution.
- Ability to stay organized while managing competing priorities.
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 15% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.