Senior Director, Head of AP Interchange
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Senior Director will be a member of Visa's Strategy, Pricing and Interchange Team, which is responsible for development of regional and market-specific strategy efforts and development and implementation of regional Pricing and Interchange strategies. As a strategist, the individual will work with and support key areas of the business – both across functions and geographies – in conducting analysis to support development of strategies in alignment with the regional and global priorities. This role will also support regional business planning needs, monitoring of competitive developments across the region / globally, and development of timely response to emerging trends and opportunities across AP. The position will be based in Singapore with some travel expected.
What a Senior Director, Head of AP Interchange does at Visa:
The Senior Director, Strategy - Head of AP Interchange is responsible for leading and developing interchange strategies that will increase product issuance and broaden merchant acceptance of electronic payments while optimizing Visa’s transaction volumes across the Asia Pacific (AP) region. The position requires close collaboration with regional country management, finance, legal, government relations, product, and client teams.
The position sits within Visa’s Strategy team and will report directly to the Vice President of Asia Pacific Interchange & Pricing and lead the AP Interchange Team.
In this role, you are expected to:
- Lead the development of interchange strategies for AP region considering value-provided, differentiation of the product/service, sustainability, and the competitive environment
- Collaborate with functional groups in evaluating and optimizing interchange for AP region, including forecasting and business case, rate structure design, stakeholder impact assessment, implementation considerations, and key partner communication
- Conduct nuanced conversations with the regulators (central banks, anti-competition authorities and other stakeholders) and help drive a balanced outcome that enables growth of the four-party model and continued digitization
- Partner with clients in order to develop specialized programs that drive digital commerce
- Oversee tracking of interchange system development work, and management of operational and compliance issues related to interchange and pricing that arise within AP
- Contribute input to the regional, country, product and merchant sales and solution strategies to support Visa’s corporate strategies and priorities
- Educate clients and internal stakeholders on Visa´s interchange strategy
- Manage a team of global, business professionals supporting these responsibilities
Why this is important to Visa:
Global Interchange is responsible for executing the deployment of interchange strategies with the objective of driving growth, adoption and revenue growth for Visa’s network globally. Interchange is a critical lever in driving these objectives and is central to Visa’s business.
Visa's ability to successfully set interchange and balance stakeholder economics is key to creating the financial incentive to grow merchant acceptance and incentivize card issuance and usage in the traditional four party payments model.
What you will need:
We are looking for an individual who brings breadth of experience, a curiosity about payments, is results-driven and client-focused. As a candidate you should have:
- Bachelor’s Degree, Graduate Degree, MBA or equivalent
- 15+ years of relevant professional experience, potentially with a strategy or financial services background
- Experience developing and delivering complex strategic plans
- Experienced, results-oriented leader with a proven track record and the ability to work with and influence multiple stakeholders
- Thorough understanding of electronic payment system business, value flows, and competitive dynamics would be an advantage
- Ability to develop internal and external networks to identify areas of opportunity and build partnerships in executing against corporate goals
- Excel in a complex and often ambiguous environment, to build rigorous, fact-base recommendations in support of executive decisions
- Experience managing complex financial models and analytics to support recommendations
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Strong personal presence and ability to clearly communicate compelling messages at the executive level, internal and external
- Strong collaboration skills across markets, functions and levels
- Demonstrated commitment to growing, developing and leading diverse teams
- Commitment to continuous learning
What will also help:
- Exceptional organizational skills - ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
- Willingness to take on new challenges, explore new ideas and be flexible with changing priorities
- Ability to operate effectively in a challenging, fast-paced environment with limited supervision
- Experience developing and/or negotiating pricing constructs would be an advantage
- General familiarity with regulatory environment in Visa Inc. countries would be a plus
Projects you will be a part of:
As part of the team, you will get an opportunity to work on strategically important projects for Visa and our Clients, including:
- Regional interchange strategy
- Market growth and development strategies
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Given the current situation brought about by the pandemic, we have to undertake sufficient labour marketing testing (i.e. ensure we do a proper sweep of the local talent) before we can consider EP applications.