IT Senior Project Manager
- Reading, UK
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of digital commerce on any device for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
If you think you could support Visa as an Senior Project Manager, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
This position will lead projects in Network Processing (NP) in the U.K. based team. Ensuring the delivery of regional and global solutions, as driven by the business. The position works with technical staff, business partners and senior management across organisational boundaries to obtain resources, schedule work activities and coordinate all areas to successfully complete project deliverables. Senior Project Managers provide leadership and direction to cross-functional teams to deliver NP solutions for complex, large-scale projects and are accountable for tasks covering the entire project and development life cycle. Responsibilities and qualifications are, as follows:
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Builds high performing teams, inspires team members, and demonstrates leadership skills
- Collaborates with business sponsors and technology subject matter experts to define scope and delivery strategy for solutions
- Leads technical teams to assess requirements, create estimates, develop budgets, and produce Technology Project Charters and other documentation needed for funding approvals
- Perform project planning and scheduling, manage tasks and coordinate project resources to meet objectives and timelines
- Provide leadership to large, global, cross-functional teams to deliver solutions involving multiple teams and applications
- Mentors/coaches project managers to elevate their performance
- Anticipates change and identifies ways to overcome challenges and constraints to keep project activities on schedule to meet or exceed business partner expectations
- Takes initiative to exhaust all avenues to resolve issues/problems before involving management escalation
- Works with minimal direction; able to resolve most issues independently
- Provides clear, concise communications to project stakeholders; Summarizes relevant facts for senior management and delivers with executive demeanor
- Demonstrated ability to manage through influence
- Executes through ambiguity and guides path to clarity
- Set clear expectations with business partners to provide transparency into project initiation activities, and manage day-to-day interaction during project execution and delivery
- Proactively identify, manage and mitigate project risks and find ways to accomplish project goals in the context of dynamic business/technical environments
- Provide high quality customer service and communicate project status (timelines, progress, and challenges) to Technology and business stakeholders regularly
- Achieve project goals by engaging effectively with stakeholders at all management levels across Visa, including enterprise architects and strategists, technical subject matter experts, business partners, vendors, and Visa senior management
- Manage project budgets effectively by ensuring forecasts and actual charges are in line with approved bids and project expenses are effectively controlled
- Ensure that all projects are in compliance with Visa's Project Management Methodology and Key Controls
- Support PMO management with annual planning, program funding approvals, and program and project reporting functions.
- As a global organisation, there may be need to take attend calls/meetings after/before standard office hours during the week.
Thinking about careers differently...
At Visa, we are passionate to offer our employees compelling career growth opportunities. As such, even if you do not have experience of this function there could be skills or experiences, which would transfer well. For this role, the key skills required are:
- Educated to at least A-Level or equivalent professional experience
- Knowledge and experience of IT and ideally Network Processing
- Experience working on payments system projects desirable
- Prince 2 Foundation or equivalent qualification
- Scrum Master experience and qualification desirable
- Experience of supporting on small to medium complex IT projects/programmes with multiple stakeholders with different and often conflicting needs
- Experience and knowledge of the Project environment, practices and processes
- Experience of requirements collation and management
- Experience of information/data analysis and preparation of succinct analysis reports
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent MS Office Skills
- Methodical approach and good eye for detail
- Strong administrative skills
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.