Sales Account Manager / Technical SME
- Auckland, New Zealand
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
We are looking for motivated individuals who will deliver strategic thought leadership and a consultative approach to resolve client / prospective client needs. The incumbent must be able to develop enduring, strategic relationships with clients and across the Visa organization.
- Proactively engage with clients in regular strategic & planning discussions to increase client and Visa market share and revenues
- Develop, manage and win a pipeline of acquiring solutions and gateway revenues from current clients and new prospects
- Establish and maintain positive and constructive relationships with key acquirers and merchant clients and influence preference for Visa through provision of business solutions through Visa capabilities including CyberSource gateway solutions.
- Partner with peers in other functional areas (e.g., marketing, analytics, risk, innovation) and across global regional teams to execute projects in ways that leverage the breadth and depth of Visa’s resources
- Produce insights and analyses to improve client performance and drive understanding of client issues
We are looking for individuals with strong account management and sales experience along with deep payment and consulting expertise to provide analysis and strategic thinking to shape the services we deliver to clients and lead consulting engagements to develop actionable and scalable insights and solutions.
- Strong Account Plan development
- Substantial problem solving ability with strategic focus on impacting ROI
- Strong analytical skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor.
- Self-motivated, results oriented individual with the ability to handle numerous projects concurrently
- Executive presence including excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to communicate at all levels within large organizations.
- Demonstrated leadership and collaboration capabilities across a matrixed organization
- Experience in managing and closing complex opportunities and deals
- Holds self and others accountable for measurable high quality, timely and effective results.
- Ability to influence and negotiate with senior executives
This is a senior account management and sales role in a team of experienced professionals developing, delivering and winning high impact opportunities for Visa. Potential engagements could include development and execution of business strategies and plans with a "Big 4 bank" and other well-known retail partners. Key activities include:- Portfolio management diagnostics, authorization optimization strategies, development of merchant issuing opportunities, assessments of digital product and marketing programs, development of new products with implementation roadmaps and optimizing client customer servicing processes.