Sr. Manager/Solutions Architect, AP
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa’s Product Design & Architecture team is at the forefront of a pivotal transformation for the organization. We are committed to evolving a market centric and customer focused product development practice, to lead the next decade of payments innovation in AP.
Based in Singapore and Beijing, we are a team of product strategists, designers and solution architects. We work with markets and our regional as well as global product and development teams to identify, solution for, and build enhanced and new payment capabilities.
From consumer and digital, to business, processing and data, join our exciting mission to incubate and accelerate regional products that deliver frictionless payment experiences.
What a Sr. Manager Solutions Architect does at Visa:
This role will be a critical member of the AP design and architecture team responsible for supporting digital solutions design across Visa's issuer's, acquirers, group service providers, Merchants, e-commerce enablers, Wallet providers, IOT Partners and third party payment processors.
This position will be responsible for working across cross-functional stakeholder teams both internally and with external clients to prioritize, define and drive the end-to-end product development lifecycle.
The ideal candidate filling this role must possess an unique blend of leadership and tactical skills as well as have a very strong understanding of business, technical and operational aspects of product management and development, with industry leading experience in the areas of card processing, payment network processing, e-commerce, mobile technology, digital payments, issuance, offers, loyalty, rewards, digital enablement, consumer experience and adoption, research and analytics, and financial analysis.
The role requires API subject matter expertise, expert knowledge and technical acumen in the digital landscape. The candidate will need to proactively identify platform risks and consistently feed improvement, enhancements at various levels. The role requires the ability to partner with various teams to solution architect digital products offered through Visa Network and Visa Developer Platform (VDP).
- Be part of the team building new product development digital payments platforms , candidate needs to have a strong understanding of payments domain to be able to design and architect solutions, develop new use cases for customers and also have a strong understanding of technical integrations for payments platforms
- Design payment related use cases for large client partners, managing requirements of various payment players for building Payment tie-ups
- Defining use cases for complex payment requirements of large partners and prescribing simple workflows to make more convenient and simpler
- Act as a Business Analyst for all key integration with all of Visa platforms
- Design Technical interfaces required for developing use cases for Digital Payments, Installments, Data and Consumer solutions
- Prescribing Functional requirements for new initiatives to support rapid development of all upcoming functionalities for large partners
- Conduct post project assessment and create recommendations to identify successful and unsuccessful product elements & continuous refining of tech solutions
- Manage the technical integrations of partners & relationships for Mobile app development & handle bank side for development of UI & UX of the such interfaces
- Provide consultative support to other teams for various Visa’s digital offerings such as VTS, Loyalty Products, Data Products & Risk Products.
- Actively engage with Product, Technology and CS teams to ensure Visa Digital products are successfully developed and business goals are supported in a cost effective, timely manner with a resulting high level of client satisfaction.
- Develop and execute digital solution architecture deliverables in support of client and country account plans and strategies
- Effectively navigate problem solving opportunities which vary widely in nature.
- Engage with clients to gain feedback on new product offerings for continuous improvements
- Identify opportunities for client performance optimization of products and services
- Transition products and services, once developed, to core support and implementations teams to reach market scalability goals and define production support framework
- Identify opportunities to improve inter-regional processes and procedures.
- Leverage appropriate Visa assets and resources to provide an exceptional implementation & integration experience to clients.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal key stakeholders.
- Provide training to broader CS teams
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 8-10 years of industry experience
- Expert knowledge of API technologies and systems used in payments, mobile and e-commerce, consumer authentication, 4-party payment model, authorization and clearing process, near field communication (NFC) and tokenization while keeping step with market developments
- Ability to make decisions involving complex business and technical solutions
- Innovative and agile with ability to adapt to market needs and changing environment
- Ability to apply understanding of systems and processes coupled with analytical ability to solution architect complex projects involving interfaces between various systems within organization
- Detailed knowledge of the full breadth of digital systems and services.
- Ability to build and maintain strong business relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate recommendations to clients in a clear, concise and impactful way
- Functional Project management experience
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.