Sr. Design Engineer
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Design Engineering is looking for a Senior Design Engineer to join our team. We believe that great design has the ability to engage and inspire users and we strive to rethink and redefine how users interact with our applications and products. All of our team members are strategic thinkers and conceptual problem solvers who make every design decision an informed one. We value hard work, accountability and collaboration and look for proven skills over big egos. Our team excels in working together and recognizing individual strengths and values each contributor as a key factor in successfully delivering a project. If you understand “Yes, and” over “No” this is the team for you.
What a Sr Design Engineer does at Visa:
In this role, you will work closely with UX designers, software engineers and product owners to build pixel perfect layouts, user interface components, and mobile applications for a variety of projects across the company. You will work on a very agile team and be expected to context shift quickly between projects.\
Why this is important to Visa
Interested in connecting people across the world through power of commerce and want to work on a great team with amazing people? Want to create products, services and platforms that can transform the future of commerce? So do we.
Visa is heavily investing in its Global Product Design Team to help support its growing digital product line. Visa Global Product Design is comprised of five specializations: Design, Research & Accessibility, Design Engineering, Design Operations and Content Creation & Design Strategy and we want to hear from you!
Projects you will be a part of:
- Build engaging, usable, and accessible UI applications/components/code libraries for mobile - in the form of Java/Kotlin/Swift/Flutter/Dart and technical notes
- Analyze existing software for Usability and Accessibility issues and provide recommendations for improvement
- Work with a diverse team of product owners, UX designers, and developers in a fast-paced environment, with quick iterative cycles
- Keep up to date with the latest trends in mobile engineering and introduce them into projects when appropriate
- Evangelizing UI/UX front-end best practices and accessibility for mobile
- Fielding inquiries and requests for support from stakeholders
- Work with Visa UX leadership team to attract, build, and maintain an engaged team of UX professionals across the globe
What you will need:
- BS/MS in Electrical or Computer Engineering or related field with 6+ years of experience
- Expertise in any of Kotlin/Java, Swift, Dart
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and manage one’s time
- Mobile application architecture
- Mobile platform standards and accessibility best practices
- Ability to analyze written requirements and visually conceptualize the user interface and application flows
- Responsive design principles
- Mobile animation principles
What will also help:
- Relevant experience in the Financial Technology industry
- Experience with modern mobile app platforms like Flutter or native Android/iOS SDKs
- Experience implementing pixel perfect layouts and UI components for native mobile
- Experience building mobile applications that consume REST services
- Experience working with SCRUM in an Agile environment a plus
- Subject Matter Expertise in Accessibility (508/WCAG) a plus
- Understanding of UX and the design techniques and principals involved in the production of conceptual prototypes, wireframes, and mobile prototypes
- Knowledge of Adobe/InVision/Sketch/Figma products
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.