Director, Commercialization and Solutioning, Visa Direct /
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Direct is a payment service that Visa provides to clients (issuers, acquirers, processors, merchants, fintechs, bigtechs and service providers) to facilitate money movement to and from Visa accounts in the AP and around the world
Visa Direct consumer and business applications include person-to-person (P2P) transfer, person to micro-business transfer (e.g. credit card bill payments), refunds (e.g. ecommerce refunds), and more. The successful applicant will be a key team member of the Visa Direct team, which is tasked to make an impact with building and implementing Visa Direct's strategy to scale across INSA.
The Visa Direct team plays a critical role in growing the Visa Direct business. The team is responsible for go-to-market strategy and commercialization of Visa Direct across existing and new use cases and verticals. This role will dual report to the Regional Head of Visa Direct - the role holder will be accountable for development and commercialization of the Visa Direct capability across bigtechs & new use cases and services in AP. Equal parts product ownership, commercialization and solutioning the role holder will plan, think through, develop and support commercialization of the Visa Direct capability with internal and external partners.
The Visa direct team is comprised of a diverse group of payments strategists, product SME's, solution experts own a four-piece approach to drive Visa Direct to become a market leading product that will revolutionize how the world pays. In this four-piece strategy, this team is responsible for
1. Owning Visa Directs market strategy across for Visa Direct for Bigtechs and developing use cases
2. leading the commercialization of this strategy in coordination with cross-functional stakeholders like Sales, Client Services, Marketing, Communications and regional teams for deploying solutions for Bigtechs and new use-cases
3. Driving strategic programming with existing and new big techs to create new use-cases and partner with them to grow Visa Direct's transactions & share
4. Developing the strategy for growth of new use-cases and programs to meet or exceed our longer term objectives throughout the existing client base of banks, merchants, bigtech & fintechs
The successful candidate will be responsible for driving strategic projects with Bigtech platform players to deliver bespoke VD capabilities and building new use cases.
- Minimum 12 years of work experience with at least 5 years in product management within financial services
- Business degree and Technical education and background is advantageous
- Experience in go-to-market and product management; skills in program management are desired
- Understanding of Payments, Banking and Financial services, its platforms and commercial models.
- Direct experience working on new technology payment solutions - such as digital wallets, P2P, mobile banking ecosystems; familiarity with QR, NFC and UPI payments
- Knowledge of payment and mobile technology and its impact on emerging business models.
- Strong knowledge of push-payment eco-systems in the Asia Pacific region
- Ability to work in unstructured and informal settings with sophisticated clients and/or partners
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.