Sr. SW Test Engineer
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates who are currently in Singapore with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.
Visa's Chip Testing and Approval Services team operates as part of the company's Chip & EMV Solutions Product Development group, under the leadership of the Senior VP of Digital and Developer Platform (DDP).
The Chip Testing and Approval Services team aims to be a one-stop shop for the testing and approval of Visa's contact and contactless chip payment products for payment devices, cards and mobile. We achieve this by assessing and thoroughly analyzing Visa's business requirements and develop the testing and approval processes and procedures to be implemented internally and externally at Visa-recognized laboratories. The Approval Services team provides support to Visa's technology and business communities on emerging technologies and is responsible for creating and implementing the testing and approval process for chip products as new chip technologies are identified.
This Senior Software Testing Engineer position in Chip Testing and Approval Services will be responsible for the review and approval of Visa's contact and contactless chip payment devices, cards or mobile payment products for functional and interoperability conformance, and will be an EMV and chip payment subject matter expert in the entire Visa Inc organization. He/she will work within the Chip Testing and Approval Services team in the fulfillment of their duties under tight timelines, changing deliverables and additional projects as they occur. The role requires an experienced person with technical background in IC (integrated circuit) chips.
- Responsible for the testing and approval of contact or contactless chip payment devices, cards or mobile for functional and interoperability conformance to Visa’s global specifications and approval requirements within service level agreements.
- Responsible for the execution of interoperability testing, test results and lab report reviews, technical analysis of issues and test reporting activities on Visa chip payment products (payment terminals, cards and mobile devices)
- Support technical queries from Chip Payment Product manufactures (payment terminals, cards and mobile devices) and test partners (Functional Labs) during testing process. Maintain records and documents associated with product’s testing and approval review process
- Participate in special assignments and provide ad hoc support as required
- Develop knowledge in and master EMV Specifications, Visa Smart Debit Credit Specifications, Visa Contactless Payment Specifications, Visa Mobile Payment Specifications and related test plans and testing requirements
- Add value to the testing and approval process by insightful and thoughtful questioning, offering new ideas, consider risks and delivering solutions
- Provide support locally or remotely with internal counterparts or stakeholders within the Approval Services or EMV Solutions teams and external partners within the Digital and Developer Platform teams, regions and test facilities on the testing and approval process for chip products
- Communicate clearly all interoperability risks and/or issues to management providing solutions and options
- Actively participate in cross-disciplinary working groups and collaborate closely with colleagues from the wider Digital and Developer Platform group
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science / Information Technology / Engineering (or equivalent work experience) will be required.
- 2 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 5 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Understanding of chip payment products (needs/solutions) will be highly preferred.
- Meticulous with good organization skills to maintain records and documents associated with the contracts and product approvals
- Process and procedures oriented with strong attention to details and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and participate in special assignments and provide ad hoc support as required
- Knowledge of EMV or payment schemes’ testing or certification process for chip payment products will be preferred
- Strong results-oriented team member; analytic and fact-based consultative discipline
- Experience working in a matrix organization and with cross-border counterparts
- Self-starter and results oriented, with desire, motivation and ability to expand current skills and explore new skills
- Knowledge in the testing and/or certification process of the following will be an added advantage:
- Contact and/or Contactless Chip Acceptance Devices, Cards, or Mobile type approval and certification process
- Visa Smart Debit and Credit (VSDC) payment applications (VSDC)
- Visa Integrated Circuit Specification (VIS) and/or Visa Contactless Payment Specification (VCPS)
- EMVCo and/or GlobalPlatform specifications
- ISO 7816 and ISO 14443 standards for card, device, mobile device, or other form factors
"Strong internal candidate identified"
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.