Sr Systems Analyst - Initiative Capture
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa is currently seeking a seasoned Sr. Financial Systems Analyst to play a critical role in Finance Systems Strategy (FSS) organization, which is responsible for defining the global finance systems roadmap as well as the implementation and enhancements of financial systems. Excellent business and systems analysis, critical thinking, internal controls understanding, seamless coordination and communication skills are crucial for this role. Must also be self-directed and comfortable in multi-tasking, disciplined, and adaptable to change.
The focus areas for this role are Corporate Accounting/Finance related Cost Accounting and/or Cost Accounting application initiative’s and support.
· Supports implementation, integration and maintenance of General Ledger, Fixed Assets, Procurement, and Employee Expense reporting modules.
· Demonstrate and be recognized as Subject Matter Expert (SME) with in-depth working knowledge of Expense Finance functional areas
- Provide input to implement enterprise Cost Accounting systems to support various cost capture efforts across business functions and portfolios
- Help drive the integration execution efforts of Cost Accounting applications per the agreed upon options
· Very good understanding in Expense Management/Initiative Capture workflows
· Promotes and educates others on Expense Management/Initiative Capture practices to effectively implement and manage cost accounting standards and processes.
· Develop and document comprehensive and concise business requirements that align with existing or proposed solutions to meet business needs.
· Review current state and align the solution to the target state
· Specialists who understand Expense applications, gather, and align the business requirements with Visa’s applications.
· Participate in Business and System integrations, initiatives and enhancements while working with IT development teams.
· Support and Execute User Acceptance Testing (UAT) process and validation of system changes for the global systems in coordination with business process owners. The global expense systems include Oracle EBS systems as well SaaS applications such as Ariba Procurement and Concur expense
· Communicate effectively and proactively with all levels of management and articulate ideas and recommendations clearly.
· Works with business partners to solve for new concepts and metadata problems through root cause analysis techniques.
· Partners with Information Technology (IT) for execution of Expense Management/ Initiative Capture solutions.
· Manages issues, as needed, and medium Expense Management/Initiative Capture -related projects of varying levels of scope and complexity.
· Serves as escalation support for Expense Management/Initiative Capture
· 8+ years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree Finance, Accounting or similar field or at least 6+ years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA)
· Must have 4-6 years of Business Analyst experience within an Expense business unit or supporting Expenses, Accounts Payable, Fixed assets, Project Costing, Procurement and General Ledger.
· General understanding of Controller and Expense management accounting processes/data fundamentals and flows
· Solid business process and data analysis skills and demonstrated experience in testing, validation, Quality Assurance, User Acceptance Testing, and related disciplines. A moderate degree of proficiency in Excel and Access required.
· Must be a team player with proficient communication skills (written and verbal) and ability to translate complex information into comprehensive, concise, and high-quality business requirements.
· Must be detail oriented and possess the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
· Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and achieve in-depth understanding of complex business processes and systems.
· Solid analytical skills; experience in data, operational and financial analysis
· Ability to excel on change, innovation, and teamwork
· Experience with Oracle EBS or Peoplesoft Financials or Clarity, working knowledge of ERP Finance processes like General ledger, Project Costing, Procurement, Expenses, etc.
· Proven success and industry reputation in building partnerships across business and IT stakeholders to deliver positive results
· Strong work ethic with commitment to customer service to stakeholders is a must
- Core business hours of 2-11PM IST
- This position might require up to 10% travel
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.