End User Support Senior Manager
- London, UK
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of digital commerce on any device for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
If you think you could support Visa as an End User Support Senior Manager we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
As Senior Manager of End User Systems, Workstation Support, you’ll be responsible for maintaining the day-to-day operations of Visa Inc's Global Workstation infrastructure for the UK locations, including Paddington, the European Headquarters, the Reading Development Centre, and the Operations Centre in Basingstoke. This encompasses managing all end user workstations through their lifecycle from provisioning to decommissioning. It includes Adds, Moves and Changes, Incident Resolution and Operational process improvements, while maintaining exceptional End User customer experience. You will be responsible for managing stakeholder relations across multiple disciplines including product development, Call center, data center Fusion Center and network operations, You will need to leverage your hands-on technical and managerial experience with various workstation and mobile platforms to ensure fast resolution of incidents and request, minimal end user disruption and downtime, root cause analysis, and service improvements. Additionally, you will draw on project management and IT service management skills to maximize collaboration and productivity of the staff and the larger Visa Inc end-user environment. In this role, you will be directly responsible for managing up to 12 staff members, in global locations responsible for workstation support.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Participate in all aspects of the application lifecycle for applications supported within the Visa Windows 10 workstation environment. This includes research, analysis, testing, certification, documentation and support
- Analyse application functionality against business requirements and work with stakeholders, end users, and vendors in the certification process to ensure applications meet business requirements as well as technical and security requirements
- Create and maintain all necessary documentation for supported applications to include detailed certification processes and procedures, products certified, certification scripts, QC and findings, installation and maintenance scripts.
- Evaluate new releases, fixes, security update and hotfixes, for supported applications and perform necessary QC and certification for installation on all supported workstations platforms.
- Log and track application certification using the workstation engineering certification process
- Support/maintain workstation backup solution
- Assist with vulnerability remediation as needed.
- Manage daily operations support of various workstation platforms (PCs, Macs, Mobile).
- Manage the daily moves, adds, changes, deletions, incident management, root cause analysis, and serve as escalation point.
- Drive transformational initiatives to assist with modernization of the workstation infrastructure to meet the expectations and demands of a modern workforce.
- Collaboration with peer stakeholders across other End User Systems operation\engineering functions.
- Support service improvement efforts to reduce incidents, enhance existing support, and improve end user experience.
- Create and maintain SOPs-Standard Operating Procedures, policies, SLAs, end-user training, technical and end user knowledgebase.
- Manage vendor relationships
- Participate with various stakeholders in maximizing the operational effectiveness of the workstation support environment, and in driving service improvements.
- Proactively share resources and information and provide support to team members to achieve work objectives
- Participate in budget and resource planning process.
- Acting site lead for CIT Paddington to liaise between the Paddington leadership and CIT leadership at global level to drive site level initiatives
- Work with local leadership and service management to drive CIT initiated technology change adoption
· Extensive knowledge of Windows 10 and OSX.
· Extensive experience managing globally diverse support teams
· Extensive knowledge working with SCCM 2012 Suite and imaging.
· Extensive knowledge in optimizing Windows 10, including imaging providing optimization.
· Good level of experience creating scripts using PowerShell
· Strong supervisor qualities and organizational skills with the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and assignments.
· Extensive knowledge with network infrastructure (LAN\WAN\Wi-Fi).
· Be self-motivated with the ability to exercise independent judgment with minimal direction from supervisor.
· Have the ability to coordinate activities within cross-divisional and cross-functional teams.
· Extensive background in supporting and managing effective voice\video solutions
· Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical users.
· Ability to support users at various levels of technical competency.
· Effectively manages difficult or volatile customer situations.
· Problem solving skills.
· Ability to effectively perform problem isolation and resolution of critical systems in order to have the least amount of impact and downtime.
· Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
· Working experience with infrastructure components (LAN\WAN\Wi-Fi).
· Ability to learn new technologies, concepts, and procedures quickly.
Ability to communicate effectively with wide variety of users and other technical teams
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.