Operational Resilience - Strategy and Governance Director, Europe
- London, UK
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of digital commerce on any device for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Lead the strategy and operational delivery of key components of the programme, specifically:
o Develop processes and procedures to ensure Visa is continually prepared for and can meet Visa Europe’s regulatory requirements for operational resilience.
o Lead and develop a control infrastructure to align with the new operational resilience model and links to enterprise risk parameters
o Develop and own the Op Res framework for Visa Europe containing; Governance, roles and responsibilities (audit, 1st line and audit), Visa important business services, impact tolerances, reporting & assessment cadence, exercise requirements, controls etc.
o Define Operational resilience parameters for Europe, ensuring alignment to the global resilience programme and engage across all key stakeholders to determine impact tolerances for Visa Europe’s important business services.
• Strong experience Business Continuity / Operational Resilience (ideally in financial or in payments industry)
• Demonstrated leadership capabilities in multiple roles involving progressively increasing levels of responsibility
• Strong thought leader and communicator, with a deep understanding of the payments ecosystem and client needs along with solid experience in communicating with clients, executives, and external parties
• Knowledge of payment processing systems including: Clearing, Settlement, Debit Processes, Authorization, and/or Cybersecurity protocols
• Background and experience in program management and change management practices
• Familiarity with relevant laws, industry regulations and government code as well as the types of audits the organization is subject to
• Demonstrated capability to manage activities related to business impacting risks and operational resilience, including leadership, a sense of urgency and the ability to perform well under pressure and in conditions of uncertainty
• Proven ability to collaborate and influence successfully within a matrix organization.
• Intellectual rigour and business acumen needed to make sound judgements and handle complex situations and information
• Ability to lead and influence decisions and actions of others, including internal business partners, external stakeholders, and senior management
• Ability to prioritize against many competing interests in an environment of constant change
• Experience in managing control reviews and/or audits, including with regulators
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.