Director, Risk Consulting VCA, IPVMC
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Consulting & Analytics (VCA) is Visa's consulting division, serving Visa's clients (including card issuers, acquirers and merchants) and solving their strategic problems focused on improving performance and profitability. Drawing on our expertise in strategy consulting, payments, data analytics, marketing, operational and macroeconomics, VCA drives high impact and tangible financial results. The team is involved in a comprehensive range of consulting services and solutions to our clients, that address unique challenges in areas such as strategic growth, profitability, risk management, digital strategy and data-driven portfolio management decisions.
What a Director of Risk Consulting VCA does at Visa:
The Director of Risk Consulting VCA for IPVMC will be part of VCA geographic team cluster of Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam, Myanmar and Cambodia (IPVMC) markets, and will be responsible for VCA Risk consulting engagements with Visa's clients (issuers, acquirers, sellers and fintechs) in this cluster.
In this role, you are expected to:
- Lead the development of VCA’s Risk advisory offering and engagement delivery in IPVMC to help Visa clients protect and grow their payments business
- Work with internal VCA, product owners and cross-functional teams (e.g. in-market VCA team, VCA Risk COE, Risk team, Product owners, Client Services and Account Executives) to execute on client projects
- Be accountable for a revenue target from delivering Risk advisory engagements across Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam, Cambodia and Myanmar markets
- Leverage risk consulting methodologies, solutions and set plays as appropriate, ensuring world-class best practices and efficiency through economies of scale, but fit for local context
Why this is important to Visa
As a payment consulting arm of Visa, VCA is growing a team of highly specialize experts that can provide best in class payment expertise to the client. We want to bring Risk Consulting specialist in the cluster closer to our clients by having a dedicated Risk Consulting Director for IPVMC. We are a global organization leveraging global expertise and best practice with local knowledge and understanding of our client partners. This enables us to deepen our partnership with our clients and bring value to their business.
Projects you will be a part of:
The nature of projects this role will play a key role in vary; this would include helping issuers, acquirers and other clients solve their most strategic business problems
- Risk diagnostic - Identify opportunities to optimize risk management
- Credit Line Management- Optimize credit line based on usage propensity and risk profile
- Underwriting - Increase underwriting approvals by leveraging alternate data
- Balance Build - Build revolving balances to drive incremental lending economics
- Fraud & Authorization Optimization - Define optimal authorization strategy for payments transactions with appropriate risk controls
- Fraud Risk Prediction/Scoring - Build statistical models based on bank’s data to predict the likelihood of Fraud events occurring
What you will need:
We are looking to hire candidates that have already accumulated a variety of experience, you will be curious about the payments industry, results-driven and client-centric. As a candidate you should have:
- 12+ years of relevant credit and/or fraud risk experience in the financial services industry.
- Master's degree, ideally in a quantitative field (e.g. engineering, mathematics, science) and/or business administration (MBA preferred)
- Relevant experience shall include:
- Deep understanding of the consumer credit/fraud risk landscape in IPVMC
- Domain expertise in credit risk life cycle practices, including customer acquisition, underwriting, line management, collections, risk-adjusted profitability, credit scoring models, market regulations, etc.
- Understanding of the implications of digital transformation on credit and fraud risk management
- Understanding of risk management for micro, small and medium businesses (MSMBs)
- Expertise in Fraud Management (prevention, detection, response)
- Strong financial acumen and understanding of profitability drivers of financial institutions
- Outstanding problem-solving skills, with demonstrated ability to think creatively and strategically
- Self-motivated, results oriented individual with the ability to handle numerous projects concurrently
- Impeccable team player, able to gracefully work with and influence people at all level
- Excellent communication, story-telling and presentation skills
What will also help:
- In-market experience and/or knowledge of local regulations and industry trends for IPVMC
- Advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills required; Data Science background would be a bonus
- Knowledge of competitive products such as Falcon, SaaS, or others, a plus
- Direct relevant experience in consulting roles and or payment/ technology firms
- Technology-driven mindset, digitally curious, up-to-date with digital and technology literature, trends
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.