Technical Support Analyst – Innovation Center & Workstation Support (End User Services)
- Nairobi, Kenya
Visa Corporate IT (CIT) group has embarked on a major transformation journey. We are transforming ourselves into a true engineering organization where we put customer experience and end user support first. As part of this strategy, we are consolidating several of our Operational functions into a single area focused on providing world class operational support to our end users. This change is geared towards rethinking how we provide Operational support for the services we are responsible for. As a member or the End User Systems Support team, the Workstation Technical Support Analyst will be responsible for providing support for the systems, services and tools utilized by Visa Inc’s staff. The successful candidate will be a technically versed resource with excellent customer service skills.
The Technical Support Analyst provides hardware and software support to our workstations (both physical and virtual), mobile wireless devices, voice & video equipment, end user solutions like Office 365, and Endpoint security tools.
This individual will be responsible for day to day support, maintenance, and troubleshooting of the AV and content management system for our Innovation Center. This person will often be among clients in the Innovation Center and will be responsible for setting up conference calls, MS Teams meetings, etc. This person is generally the first point of contact for all AV and technical support and requirements for the Innovation Center. The candidate is responsible for all activities of the IT/AV infrastructure of the Innovation Center. The candidate will be responsible for interpreting the technical issues and will recommend best practices based on deep knowledge of IT/AV infrastructures. This person will work independently with guidance only needed in the most complex situations. This person will interact with clients at all levels as well as with Visa employees including our VP’s, Engineers, Product Managers, etc.
The successful candidate will work with a dynamic and evolving global team charged with continuously improving the efficiency and effectiveness of support for our end user environment.
- Strong experience in providing exceptional customer service
- 2 years of relevant work experience with a bachelor’s degree or an advanced degree
- Intermediate level Networking connectivity knowledge and troubleshooting
- Intermediate level experience in Installation, configuration, and support of local and LAN printers
Proven track record in delivering customer service excellence
4-6 years of experience as a technician supporting over 300 users with the following:
- installation, configuration, and support of PC, Mac, telephony, mobile, and voice/video hardware/software
- hands-on support for all operational aspects of voice, video and unified communications support including, but not limited to, assigning phones, assisting with meeting scheduling, etc.
- supporting and troubleshooting Windows 10, MS Office 365 suite, OSX (current release and prior release), iOS, Android
Excellent interpersonal skills:
- Active listening to end user needs, issues, complaints
- Ability to communicate effectively with wide variety of users, and technical teams
- Ability to support, and explain technical concepts to users at various levels of technical proficiency
- Effectively manage difficult or volatile situations
- Effective collaboration with peers and other groups
- Empathetic and patient
Effective problem solving:
- Ability to effectively perform issue isolation and resolution in order to minimize downtime
- Ability to assess, analyze and research technical situations and provide viable alternatives
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedures, and OEM guides
- Ability to schedule and prioritize
- Ability to learn new technologies and procedures quickly
- Responsible for all maintenance and troubleshooting of all AV and technology in the Innovation Center
- Point person for integration and implementation of new AV and all technical tools/resources within the Innovation Center
- Responsible for set up and tear down of Innovation Center equipment prior to and after engagements
- Track and maintain updates and version changes to all AV and content management systems
- Prioritize-, review and schedule all engagement technical requests
- Be the technical support to the entire Innovation Center team
- Plan and prioritize all technical functions of the Innovation Center
- Work closely with other departments and vendors that support engagement operations (Facilities, IT, Security, outside vendors)
- Source and manage all supporting outside technical services to the Innovation Center
- Technical support for Board of Directors meetings and other executive engagements
- Be able to work a flexible schedule occasionally to support events that take place in the early morning or evening (advance notice is provided)
- Ensure the Innovation Center meets expectations regarding appearance, cleanliness-, organization-, functionality and overall quality experience
- Assist with Briefing Centers Demo Studio and Innovation Center improvements and upgrades
- Consistently provide an exceptional-, pleasant and courteous service to all End Users
- Provide 2nd level support for escalated workstation and mobile related issues and requests
- Provide the day-to-day operational support for incidents, adds/moves/change for voice and video conferencing, and AV equipment and escalating to next level group when appropriate.
- Perform daily sweeps following defined procedures to ensure all Innovation Center and conferencing equipment is functioning properly
- Effectively question end users to collect information and understand the issues they are experiencing, and perform diagnostic procedures to isolate and resolve the issues
- Interact with end users in person, via telephone, e-mail, IM/chat, and social tools, to provide technical support
- Prioritize incidents and complaints to assure all SLA’s are met
- Maintain incident records and resolution detail utilizing ITSM Ticketing tool, Service Now
- Troubleshoot incidents and document resolution notes with root cause analysis
- Utilize all technical resources to solve end user incidents
- Escalate or work in tangent with appropriate support specialists or support groups on unresolved issues
- Escalate hardware repairs to third party providers as needed
- Effectively communicate both verbally and in writing with management to express ideas to make informed decisions
- Installation of workstation, telephony, and mobile hardware/software as required
- Provision and prepare workstations using standard images
- Setup and install new workstations-, loaners and other workstation related equipment
- Maintain 100% accuracy/control in the asset database of deployed assets, recording/updating as needed
- Communicate and provide knowledge transfer to other agents/technicians on issues/problems and resolution
- Work with other support groups such as network operations, in assisting in the resolution of incidents or maintenance activities
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Non-Exempt: This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours