Staff Software Engineer, Container Security - Cybersecurity Products
- Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Cybersecurity: Cybersecurity provides enterprise-wide, risk-based security and continuity programs to meet changing internal and external threat landscapes. They seek to be the best-in-class at the physical, cyber security, network, application, and data security layers.
We are looking to hire a Software Engineer to join the Cybersecurity Products team, working out of Visa's office in Bangalore, India. You will play a critical role by engineering and operationalizing cybersecurity products and services with a truly global impact.
Examples of what new hires to the team did within their first 3-4 months in the past include:
- Designing and implementing RESTful micro-services interfacing between component in Kubernetes based application
- Investigating IPtables based Linux firewalls
- Implementing data processing pipelines analyzing terabytes of network activity related data
- Extracting network activity logs directly from the kernel in a highly performant manner
All of these were done using the most modern of technology and software engineering stack (Golang, Java/Kotlin, ElasticSearch, relational databases, functional languages). More importantly, every single one of efforts are in production, helping secure Visa against highly sophisticated attackers and helping the business overall. You make an impact from day 1.
- Experience: Candidate must possess at least 3 years of experience in a professional environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Science, or a related field
- Software Engineering background: The candidate must possess strong software engineering skills and did projects (academic or professional) with at least 1000+ lines of code. Preferred languages are Go, C++, Java, Rust. Others would be considered.
- Git commands and working with Linux/Mac background is required
- Cybersecurity background: Counter intuitive given this is a cybersecurity team role, knowledge of security related concepts is a plus but not required.
- Operations background: The engineering team also manages the production deployment and provides L5 support. Experience in an operational role is a huge plus.
- Understanding of Linux networking subsystem
- Familiarity with Docker, Kubernetes.
- Highly driven, resourceful and results oriented with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good team player and excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with a global team
- Strong ability to collaborate and demonstrated ability to lead and navigate through ambiguity
- This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.