Release Train Consultant - Visa Payments Limited (Consultant / Manager)
- London, United Kingdom
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology? Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world? You will fit right in.
By joining one of our teams at Visa Payments Limited, a division of Visa Inc since 2019, you’ll have an opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Being part of Visa, the world’s leader in digital payments technology, our mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network, enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive.
Visa Payments Limited is a financial technology business that provides cross-border payment processing services to banks and payments businesses across six continents through its global network.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we are proud that we are a talented team of 18,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life both within and outside of the office, and whether it is taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programmes, Visa Payments Limited and Visa Inc. respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone.
If you think you could support the Visa family by joining Visa Payments Limited as a Operations Analyst, we want to hear from you.
You're an individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
What's it all about?
The Product team are responsible for creating and building a market leading product portfolio driving growth and profitable revenues and adding sustainable value to the business. The role will be responsible for supporting ART events and processes and assisting the product teams in delivering value. This may include:
- Working with a wide variety of business improvement projects across all business areas.
- Supporting the Release Train Engineer with optimising the flow of value through the ART.
- Supporting PI (Programme Increments) planning events, including capturing team and program PI objectives and create communication materials for Visa Payment Limited and Visa Direct stakeholders.
- Assessing the maturity of the Agile Adoption and agile organisation.
What we expect of you, day to day.
This role will report to the Senior. Manager, Release Train Engineer and shall:
- Support the prioritisation of features to be considered in the next program increment (PI) planning cycle.
- Support team with assessing capacity and prioritise to confidently commit to activities in a PI planning session. For teams requiring additional support, provide training and coaching to ensure all teams are able to effectively participate in PI planning session.
- Assists the ART in communication and coordination with stakeholders during feature definition and delivery
- Provide regular and open communication across the program and stakeholders for transparency and awareness of progress and impediments
- Understand, visualise and support upstream/downstream dependencies
- Utilise feedback and metrics (quality, delivery rate, etc.) to produce reports and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Share Agile and SAFe knowledge across the organization, including training sessions and training materials
- Support with Inspect and Adapt"¯workshops to assess the agility level of the ART and Solution Train and help identify improvements.
What we're after...
- Bachelors or Masters degree ideally with a STEM focus (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) or equivalent experience. MBA is a plus but not essential.
- Scaled Agile Certification (Scaled Agile RTE certification preferred)
- Demonstrable experience within a release train expert role and familiarity within a payment's processing institution.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships and work collaboratively with and through others.
- Experience with tools such as JIRA, SharePoint, Confluence and Roadmunk
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills. Highly effective communicator of technical & business issues and solutions to multiple organizational levels.